• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why it makes sense to start AE at qb Sunday

Hairless Cat

easy. Have AE operate out of the shotgun. Williams and Stewart are likely out anyway. Goodson works better in space.

also, I doubt Pike got any meaningful practice with Kalil prior to Sunday.

Exactly, Run that shotgun wildcat formation and go 3 or 4 wide and tell him to make someting happen

The only really good reason to use Armanti as the QB this year is because it wouldn't matter one way or another if he got completely fuged up. While it would probably be detrimental to have Clausen or Pike stand out there and get there poo smashed in on Sunday.

Are you retarded? I too would love to see Armanti play for Carolina on Sunday. There's just one problem. He has absolutely zero snaps as a QB for this team. Center/QB exchange has to be practice as well as counts etc. Starting Armanti Sunday would mean an endless display of false start penalties and fumbles.

Actually he did have some snaps in the Mountaineer package. and how would false start penalties and fumbles be different than what we have already endured from clausen and moore?

If Otah won FCS 2 national championships as a kicker and was the 2 time kicker of the year in FCS...... Id give him a shot.

Ow, BB have a Brewski and chill out. :patriot:

I'll talk to Otah about his kicking. Maybe he could block and run back and kick. Sounds like a good kicker.

Of course you didn't mean it, and that's the kicker.

P.S. - Can he return punts and kickoffs?

I know, I am being puerile.

sand lot - AE at QB in shotgun:

OK, smitty...you run down about where that camera guy is and cut diagonal to the goal

#12 you do the same from the other side 'cept cut by that orange marker on the ground

#11 you go about 10 and cut left/right real quick

Goodsen and Sutton - you guys just kinda float along with me and if no body is open, we're running the option to the left.

All the rest of you fools just lay a body on someone........... ok, on 1, break!

Mountaineers... ooops Panthers 35 Bucs 17

The only really good reason to use Armanti as the QB this year is because it wouldn't matter one way or another if he got completely f**ked up. While it would probably be detrimental to have Clausen or Pike stand out there and get there poo smashed in on Sunday.

I would agree with you on Pike. Not so much on anything else.

It looks as if AE will be a qb next game...............but will he be active or emergency?

Doesn't really matter. Pike was listed as Inactive yesterday. Guess they played him as the emergency QB from the inactive list.

After seeing once again Clausen play I dread thinking about Sunday if he plays.

If the mountaineer package works in practice, then you'll see some of it this Sunday. If not, then get ready for Jimmy/Pike/Me/Sir Purr.

Don't know why the Mountaineer package wouldn't work in practice. If they cannot get enough plays under Armanti's belt for a large enough package in the game, would think that you would be my 2nd choice at QB. So practice hard this week.

Archived