• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

European Travels

neverlosethefeeling

Basically, my semester in England on Dec. 10th and I come home Dec 20th.

I want to do as much travelling in that time period as I can, so I've put together this mock itinerary:

Dec 11th-12 in Amsterdam. Flight arrives in amsterdam at 8:30am so I'll really have 2 whole days there. Fly out of Amsterdam to Berlin on the morning of the 13th and stay til the 15th. Then flying from Berlin to Venice for pretty much a day and a half, then my final 3 days in Rome before returning to London on the 19th for my flight home on the 20th.

Do you think this is too ambitious?

I have been to London many times already, and am going to Paris next weekend, so those two cities don't need to be included.

I know there are people here with more experience in these cities than I've got so I'm wondering if there's one city I should spend more/less time in than I've allocated.

looks doable!

bring your nose plug to Paris

Especially on the Metro.

Paris is a wonderful city, though. So many things to do and see. I spent 2 weeks visiting there, and only took a day trip away out to Versailles--which is a great place to see, if you have the time.

spent 12 days there in 2000 for the World Firefighter Games...was a great time, but couldn't get past the smell of urine everywhere! Had our opening cermeonies at Louis 14th's castle in Versaille which was amazing. Wish I had spent more time outside of Paris though.

You may want to avoid France. We have offices there and the strikes have really slowed things down there as far as travel. At least check what's going on before you actually make the trip into France, might through off your plans if you get stuck there longer than planned.

Please get as high as possible in Amsterdam and send me pictures of what I am missing outon. k thanks.

i have a feeling there isnt much you are missing out on...lol.

Anyway, I cant put your time constraints perfectly together in my head, but..

You could skip Berlin, fly to Munich instead. Spend time in Munich then take the train to Salzburg, only an hour or two if that much. You can then take the train from Salzburg to Venice. its a much longer trip, but you could do it overnight. Ive done this itinerary is why i mention it.

Do see Venice though.

You may want to avoid France. We have offices there and the strikes have really slowed things down there as far as travel. At least check what's going on before you actually make the trip into France, might through off your plans if you get stuck there longer than planned.

hhaha...the Frogs are always on strike. Now they are pissed because they are raising retirement from 60 to 62....poor frogs. fug if you add up all the vacation time they get, it would effectively put there retirement age at 45. :rolleyes:

Basically, my semester in England on Dec. 10th and I come home Dec 20th.

I want to do as much travelling in that time period as I can, so I've put together this mock itinerary:

Dec 11th-12 in Amsterdam. Flight arrives in amsterdam at 8:30am so I'll really have 2 whole days there.Fly out of Amsterdam to Berlin on the morning of the 13th and stay til the 15th. Then flying from Berlin to Venice for pretty much a day and a half, then my final 3 days in Rome before returning to London on the 19th for my flight home on the 20th.

Do you think this is too ambitious?

I have been to London many times already, and am going to Paris next weekend, so those two cities don't need to be included.

I know there are people here with more experience in these cities than I've got so I'm wondering if there's one city I should spend more/less time in than I've allocated.

Dude that trip is going to make you go through moolah like you won't believe. I take it you're already in London? You already know the ridiculous markup on, well, everything in London. Amsterdam is the same way.

As far as Rome, learn the bus system, as there are only 2 subway lines. Be careful where you eat in Italy. I hoped to get some authentic ravioli last time I was there. Instead I paid like 12 euro for a can of Chef Boyardee. I stayed at Jesolo Beach when I went to Venice - the hotel was like 1/5th the price of the ones in Venice.

The trip is very doable. Unless you get laid repeatedly in Rome, I think you'll regret that leg.

And London is much dirtier than Paris. I was surprised. Paris also smelled better. The worst smelling European city by far is Brussels. At the Eiffel Tower, you'll be mobbed by Bosnians refugees. Give as you wish, but just be cognizant that you'll be swarmed by them.

Archived