• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shawne Merriman

Happy Panther

In some ways Merriman's journey could mirror Tomlinsons.

LT was dinged up his last 2 years in SD and we see what he is producing this year for the Jets now healthy.

If Merriman finally gets healthy (a big if) he could pay dividends wherever he winds up in 2011.

Let's give Dan Morgan a big ole' contract, because when he is healthy he is a monster....sounds a little like Merriman.

Now let me put this out there, Merriman could come back and be a beast, and I think that he has a better shot than Morgan, but it's not worth it to the Chargers. He is in the last year of his deal, they are going in a youth movement, and he want's a big contract to stay in SD.

The fact that LT and Merriman want big money, and that their best years are certainly behind them means, don't let the door hitcha where the good lord split ya.

The Panthers have made two huge mistakes lately keeping overpaid players 1 or 2 years past their prime, and giving them extensions (Jake and Morgan), SD isn't falling into that trap.

• 1 month later...

I am glade to see that Buffalo was able to keep him. I thought he wasn't gone after the season. I really would like to see him comeback to the dominate player he once was. I like Buffalo and hope he can resurect his career there. I would love to see Buffalo turn their franchise around and overthrow the Patriots dynasty. I hate the Pats and nothing makes me happier than to see their division get stronger every year. Eventually Bill Bellacheat's reign will be over.

Archived