• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Any MMA fans in here?

TheRealDeal

There are only a few guys like that now, but it is growing with all the wrestlers. A lot of them grew up with rough backgrounds and fighting was a way of life, then someone started paying them to do it. Liddell grew up as an enforcer when he was like 15.

Besides, no matter how good you are you are going to get hit in the face and if you can't take a punch in the face you are in the wrong sport. Most guys probably don't like it and some guys do (Leben & Miller come to mind) but all of them seem to accept it and can deal with it, not Brock.

All Im saying is look at some out the guys at the top of there games right now and none of them are the back room brawlers. Silva, GSP, Velasquez, Rua,Machida, and Edgar all dont just sit back a take a punch. These guys exploit your weakness and use it ageist you.

Brock never got the fact that you have to use strategy ageist your opponent. He rushes you, punches you, and puts you on the mat. The dude is a wrestler for sure. The reason why Cain won was the fact that he stopped Brock on the ground and forced him to stand up. Everyone including Lesnar knows he is not a great striker. I was just surprised at how well Cain managed such a large man from his back side. Now that's technique.

That fact is not that the man cant take a punch. If anything Brock has taken more punches then most. The fact is he is very poor at boxing and Cain is as complete as it gets in the Heavyweights. The uppercut he gave Lesnar was sick. I mean right on the jaw and then he just picked him apart on the ground. Dude can do everything. He is GSP at 240.

Aleksander Emelianenko has some crazy good hands. I havent heard anything about him in a good while. I think he may have a form of hepatitis that prevents him from getting medical clearance.

He was apart of the Russian mob right? He goes back to the days of Pride if I remember.

I think Machida is another guy that can't handle getting punched in the face but we'll see after he fights Rampage. Show me one other fighter that literally turns and runs away when they get hit.

Silva will stand and bang with you because he's the superior striker but lately he enjoys embarrassing opponents instead of beating them down.

Cain stood and threw in a flurry with Brock, he wasn't scared to get hit and he got tagged with a knee and didn't turn and run.

Obviously guys don't want to get their face smashed but sometimes they know they have to get hit in the face to land something of their own and they do. None of those guys would be champions if they got hit in the face and ran away. That's all I'm saying.

Archived