• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ethics/Boss Question

Zcustom

here's the scenario:

I was supposed to have a quote for a repair to my boss by 2pm yesterday or he wasn't going to bother with presenting it to the board today in Durham.

LONG story short. I didn't see the quote yesterday, so I said fug it. It was a huge longshot anyways and I was really busy.

This morning my boss calls asking where the quote is. I say I never saw it and let me call the electrician. Electrician is a flake (but cheap so I have to use him) so when he says he faxed it I don't believe him and ask for a refax. I get the refax and call my boss back, and this is what he says,

"why are you lying to me?"

I'm like "excuse me?"

he says "I came in the office this morning and found it in your box and made a copy, why did you lie to me about not having it?"

I later found the quote in question in a stack of papers I hadn't gone through yet. So all I'm guilty of at this point is not believing the electrician and not sorting my paperwork, NOT of lying.

I tell my boss this and he says he can't trust me anymore, now I'm pissed. HE lied to set me up, plain and simple. I told him that I was only guilty of not looking and not believing the electrician, and that he was the one guilty of lying. My question to him was "what did this accomplish?" to which he had no answer.

I know what he's doing though, I'm next in line for his job when he moves away next year and he's trying to take me out of the running because I made him look bad to corporate a few months ago and he doesn't like me anymore. What a bitch.

What do you guys think?

your boss is a jerk. That exchange was completely unprofessional. If he has the most say in who succeeds him, and you really think he's out for you, think how you will feel when/if someone else gets the position (if you want it). If it will bother you if you don't, start looking. If you think you can still get the position then it might be worth it to wait it out. 0.02

your on a slippery slope right now, Ya I know that's what she said, but if I were you I would be careful. If u are in line for this job, get out of his way and try not to *** it up.

I'm now convinced he won't recommend me because I made him look bad a while ago. It was when I got assaulted, all I wanted was a couple days off and he denied my request, when corporate found out they jumped his poo, ever since then he's hated me.

your boss is a jerk. That exchange was completely unprofessional. If he has the most say in who succeeds him, and you really think he's out for you, think how you will feel when/if someone else gets the position (if you want it). If it will bother you if you don't, start looking. If you think you can still get the position then it might be worth it to wait it out. 0.02

I'm heading out soon to start looking, I see the writing on the wall. Him being able to say I'm not trustworthy is his big ammo. Never mind that I've been trustworthy the last 10 years I've been here, no, lets just go off of this setup.

Sounds like a huge douche to me.

He really is.

Archived