• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How come Jimmy...

TheRealDeal

So you wanted Jimmy to go in front of the media and answer questions about how he got benched?

I can tell you why he didn't, because it would have been one of the most akward interviews ever.

"Jimmy what reason did Fox give for you being replaced by the ineffective Matt Moore?"

"Well, we sat down and discussed it, Fox, Davidson, and myself. We all came to the mutual conclusion that if we are going to stick a QB out there just to get pummeled all day long and throw passes to guys that still haven't learned the NFL yet, it might as well be the guy that sucks and isn't going to be here next year.

Listen, I would LOVE to go out and play every down of every game. Lets face it though, this offense is poo right now. I'm getting beat to death and no one can catch a damn thing. The FO feels it is in the teams best interest to go ahead and see if Matt can set the single season INT record and recorded lowest QB rating.

We all feel that right now Matt Moore is our best bet at getting a top 3 pick next year. In the long run that is what is best for the team and that is what I am all about."

End presser.

I haven't seen so much blah blah blah amount to so little on this board in a good while. I like how TRD's second post more or less treats his initial assumption like it was a fact ("why the double standard", etc.), as if he had already constructed a paradigm in his head and was reacting to it.

....:yesnod:

wasn't made available to the media after the decision was made? Moore talked after both he got benched and after he got the job back. Handled both situations like a professional.

Me thinks Jimmy did not handle this very well and that's why he wasn't made available. The organization possibly had to limit his access because the attitude rumors could be true.

Thoughts?

or maybe he'll wait til next week when they ask him how it feels to be back in the starting lineup

Bump.

Press conference today Fox was asked about how Jimmy handled being benched:

"Jimmy is a young player. He's a got a bright future ahead of him. I don't have any doubt that he'll be a good player in this league. Right now, it's not one position. Offensively, we've had our struggles; those have been well documented. I think the experience factor with Matt in there gives us a better opportunity."

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-1/Foxhole-Going-with-experience/c9be0842-b111-49f5-b649-35d2e900d03f

Weird that nowhere in his answer did we hear "he handled it like a professional" or "he wasn't happy but he understood" or anything along those lines. It was just "Jimmy is a young player."

Fox adding fuel to my fire...

Hate on haters.

Bump.

Press conference today Fox was asked about how Jimmy handled being benched:

"Jimmy is a young player. He's a got a bright future ahead of him. I don't have any doubt that he'll be a good player in this league. Right now, it's not one position. Offensively, we've had our struggles; those have been well documented. I think the experience factor with Matt in there gives us a better opportunity."

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-1/Foxhole-Going-with-experience/c9be0842-b111-49f5-b649-35d2e900d03f

Weird that nowhere in his answer did we hear "he handled it like a professional" or "he wasn't happy but he understood" or anything along those lines. It was just "Jimmy is a young player."

Fox adding fuel to my fire...

Hate on haters.

OMG OP!

Your SO right!

This probably happened!

And you know what else?

He probably cried.

Even went back to Cali and begged his mommy to let him suck her tits again!

It's all so probable!

How did you come to this startling revelation with only the great tool of speculation and your biases at your side!

You MUST be right!

Why don't we just ban people like this?

because I'd get caught in the crossfire and banned too, and everybody likes me too much for that. right?? right?!

also the amount of rampant speculation this week has been kinda sickening.

One thing to speculate on the quarterback, since Fox brought that on...

Archived