• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How come Jimmy...

TheRealDeal

wasn't made available to the media after the decision was made? Moore talked after both he got benched and after he got the job back. Handled both situations like a professional.

Me thinks Jimmy did not handle this very well and that's why he wasn't made available. The organization possibly had to limit his access because the attitude rumors could be true.

Thoughts?

Hidden

because he's a rookie? because he hasn't been taught how to handle the media yet? because they want to protect him? because he doesn't have anything to say? because the team doesn't see the point? because it would be a distraction? there are plenty of reasons why. I know you like Moore over Clausen but that doesn't mean you should just make assumptions based on hypotheticals and information you don't have. there are plenty of other things to criticize Clausen for.

wasn't made available to the media after the decision was made? Moore talked after both he got benched and after he got the job back. Handled both situations like a professional.

Me thinks Jimmy did not handle this very well and that's why he wasn't made available. The organization possibly had to limit his access because the attitude rumors could be true.

Thoughts?

Yeah it's possible but in all honesty, he was thrown to the wolves after every one of his games and Fox hid behind him. Am I the only one that watched the press conferences on panthers.com?

Why did Fox leave Jimmy by himself to speak to the media...while he waited until Monday? What the f**k is that poo? You could tell this kid was scared to be in front of those reporters. Fox should have gone first. Instead he left him out there and hung him out to dry.

Did Fox have a reason to do that? I don't know. Maybe that was Fox's way of showing he wasn't the one that really made the starting decision and wanted to distance himself from Jimmy. Whatever it was, you would think you HAVE to have some kind of reason to be that cruel. Who knows if Jimmy did or said something to get Fox to teach him that humbling lesson.

All I know is I really felt bad for him. He looked like a little scared kid. But if he did say or do something than maybe Fox knows what he is doing and it will help him out in the long run. Tough love works on brats sometimes. And I always felt that Jimmy Clausen needs a bunch of tough love.

because he's a rookie? because he hasn't been taught how to handle the media yet? because they want to protect him? because he doesn't have anything to say? because the team doesn't see the point? because it would be a distraction? there are plenty of reasons why. I know you like Moore over Clausen but that doesn't mean you should just make assumptions based on hypotheticals and information you don't have. there are plenty of other things to criticize Clausen for.

You are right I should just wait for someone to tell me why and not use evidence that is there and make my own assumption.

BTW, all those reasons except for the first one can be applied to Moore but yet he had to answer questions on why he was benched early for an over hyped rookie. I just wanted to get opinions on why the double standard. Many people expressed concerns that this benching would hurt him and maybe they are right.

If you are incapable of having a discussion then you do not need to post in this thread. There are plenty of people who will disagree with me but actually have a discussion about it, Catman72 is great, Mav also etc. Even though our views are different they at least have legit reasons why and we can discuss them.

Hidden

You are right I should just wait for someone to tell me why and not use evidence that is there and make my own assumption.

BTW, all those reasons except for the first one can be applied to Moore but yet he had to answer questions on why he was benched early for an over hyped rookie. I just wanted to get opinions on why the double standard. Many people expressed concerns that this benching would hurt him and maybe they are right.

If you are incapable of having a discussion then you do not need to post in this thread. There are plenty of people who will disagree with me but actually have a discussion about it, Catman72 is great, Mav also etc. Even though our views are different they at least have legit reasons why and we can discuss them.

Moore has been here longer, and I'm certain he knows how to handle the media. You are using flimsy evidence and seeing what you want to see from it instead of taking it at face value.

I am having a discussion about this too. I am discussing the validity of your assumption. I say it is invalid. You have not shown me why I should make the assumption that you are making. You just made wild claims and took this evidence and ran with it. Sorry I can't accept it as fact.

Archived