• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are you in favor of Franchise QB or Game Manager

MooshMoosh

KT how bout that awesome performance from Pryor huh? Man that guy is deserving of being a top 5 pick as a QB.

He had a shitty game, but I think he can bounce back from it and I would still take him over the 2 QBs presently on our roster. Vince Young, Michael Vick, Steve McNair, Donovan McNabb are all black NFL QBs who lost games and had bad games in college football.

You are awesome man I literally laugh out loud whenever I read one of your posts.

Im sure you do. I laugh out loud when I see the QB play this team has graced us with the past few years. The Panthers have done more to set the QB position back in the NFL than any black QB can. And no matter how shitty our QBs look, we always assume a black QB will look worse. Cute.

Maybe if 3/4 black QBs you mentioned hadn't somehow embarrassed their franchise and actually had an equal skill set to those they are competing with they would get a shot. When you run the risk of embarassing your franchise and letting your teammates down on top of not being that good of a QB you will not have a starting position.

McNabb is one of my favorite QBs ever but you picked a bad group to try and make a point. I mean if you threw in Russell instead of McNabb it could be the worst example ever.

Maybe if 3/4 black QBs you mentioned hadn't somehow embarrassed their franchise and actually had an equal skill set to those they are competing with they would get a shot. When you run the risk of embarassing your franchise and letting your teammates down on top of not being that good of a QB you will not have a starting position.

McNabb is one of my favorite QBs ever but you picked a bad group to try and make a point. I mean if you threw in Russell instead of McNabb it could be the worst example ever.

Vince Young, Michael Vick, Steve McNair, Donovan McNabb have all been to pro bowls and led their teams to the playoffs. They draw fans to the game, our QBs do not. If Jimmy Clausen ends up being half as good as McNair was or Vick is, we will be happy. Our "stay away from black QBs at all costs" approach has us as one of the most irrelevant franchises in football, a sub .500 record overall, and year in and year out one of the most boring ineffective offenses in the league. How many years of losing does it take for us to see that maybe trying something different would lead to better results? Are we that slow?

hell, he's probably the most boring Qb in the NFL right now. >.<

edit:

can make due with a good QB who can "manage the game" but obviously every team hopes for a franchise qb.

I always thought that was Peyton Manning. Off the field, that is. He married his college sweetheart. Doesn't date Super Models of get other women knocked up. He spends his free time watching game films. You never see pictures of Peyton out partying in Indianapolis. (Yes, Indy has a few party spots!)

Franchise vs. Game Manager. I think it comes down to the "system" that they are in. Several "average" QB's have won a Super Bowl. Bradshaw (He had as many INT's as he did TD's in his career!) Plunket & Stabler. And several "Franchise" QB's didn't. Tarkenton & Kelly! (6-7 losing SB's between them!)

I would probably lean toward a good Game Manager. A QB needs to be aware of "the clock". It's been said many times that Peyton Manning has a game clock in his head. If you watch the COLTS, he almost always lets the game cock wide down to almost zero, before he calls for the ball. When he does have the ball snapped early, it's usually to catch the other team with too many men on the field, or he's running their "2 Minute" drill.

I have watched other QB's and can't figure out why they have the ball snapped with 10-15 seconds left on the clock! If you figure that the league average is 60 Offensive plays per game, and the ball is snapped with 15 second on the play clock, that's 900 second that you are giving up. (Which translates to 15 minutes!) Why possibly, give the other team 15 extra minutes to make plays??? (Check my math, I did it in my head!)

Watch the Panthers next time. It doesn't matter who the QB is, there's always time left on the play clock when the ball is snapped!

Ignore my whole post and post some other garbage about how "good" Vick was. He had a terrible completion percentage his whole career and was only any good because he could run. He had some good games in Philly but Kolb came in and basically showed his performance up. Maybe if they could stay out of jail or out of courtrooms they would be "allowed to be the face of a franchise" as you say.

Ignore my whole post and post some other garbage about how "good" Vick was. He had a terrible completion percentage his whole career and was only any good because he could run. He had some good games in Philly but Kolb came in and basically showed his performance up. Maybe if they could stay out of jail or out of courtrooms they would be "allowed to be the face of a franchise" as you say.

Like a Big Ben huh? :rolleyes: The Carolina Panthers are just one of 31 NFL teams. If their ownership and a segment of their fanbase is too stupid to see the value in the black QBs I listed, it only hurts them. The Eagles, the Titans, and Skins are in better shape than we are. I doubt any of them would trade places with us to hitch their hopes on Matt Moore and hoping our winless rookie evolves into being as good as Vick is.

Archived