• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are you in favor of Franchise QB or Game Manager

MooshMoosh

There are some people on this board, no joke that will tell you that our future is in the hands of a guy named Matt Moore....

And some said "Fitzpatrick=Not very good".

So....

Fitzpatrick 7 TD's and 2 INT's vs our starting QB's 1 TD and 3 INT's

What would our's be called?

I'd rather have it be in the hands of Moore or a #1 pick than a spoiled little rich kid who is nothing but hype and will be riding the pine the rest of the year/career because now he isn't playing inferior competition.

lol, you really care if he was spoiled and had money growing up?

get over his upbringing holy crap. if it makes him a better player, we're all the better for it.

he's either paying someone to write his twitter and basically completely manage his life, or he really is NOT a bad kid.

the guy tweets about watching Cool Runnings while eating Chipotle ffs. He takes pictures of the burrito wrapper. You're right, he's definitely a spoiled person who acts like he deserves everything!!

hell, he's probably the most boring Qb in the NFL right now. >.<

edit:

can make due with a good QB who can "manage the game" but obviously every team hopes for a franchise qb.

I do feel more and more like the Panthers are living in the past as far as a passing game goes; most teams seem to really feel like they have "their" QB... I don't get that the Panthers felt that way about Moore, and Clausen was... well, an unknown as far as what he could ultimately become..

All QB's are drafted/acquired/obtained/et al. originally with the hope that they will be Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, or whatever God's newest gift to passing is. When they fall short of that, but have great pieces around them, then they are called "game managers". (For reference, I don't think that there are more than a dozen "Franchise QB's" at NFL playing age/ability/what-not, walking the Earth at any given time.) It's like one of those laws of physics or some non-sense.

I get your point OP, but I don't think it's the right question. The question you should be asking is: Do we have one on our roster now, or do we have the means to develop or acquire one.

The answer to your actual question is so obvious, that anyone without an extra hole in their head would certainly prefer a Franchise QB.

You don't listen to the point I make about his upbringing do you? You don't see a problem with a kid having 6 of his high school teammates living with him just so they can go to his school and make the team better?

You don't see how that inflates hype?

You don't see how having two of your brothers as coaches of your high school as a problem?

You don't see how showing up to your college signing day in a stretch hummer limo is a problem?

What has he had to work for?

You don't listen to the point I make about his upbringing do you? You don't see a problem with a kid having 6 of his high school teammates living with him just so they can go to his school and make the team better?

You don't see how having two of your brothers as coaches of your high school as a problem?

You don't see how showing up to your college signing day in a stretch hummer limo is a problem?

Yep. We should all blindly spout off about how he has had to work for nothing. Maybe people will believe we've been part of his inner circle since his middle school days and take what we say as fact instead of pure hatred.

I'm right there with you. He has never worked for anything, ever. He should crawl in a hole and die. Yep.

Who the hell cares about "inflated hype"? You think he was drafted because of the hype? Come on, get real. He was drafted by the team because they felt he had franchise-QB potential. Look at how he did in his senior year, and tell me you'd be astonished if he had a great career. Very few people would. If he fails, there's plenty of reasons why, too... but to dismiss him as playing against inferior competition only is silly. All college players play against "inferior" competition to how it is in the pros. The best QBs rarely come out of the "hardest" college divisions, anyway.

I don't see how his High School stuff makes him a bad person now, or a bad QB, or even means he's going to do poorly now. I think that it shows that he was set up to succeed in HIGH SCHOOL. It has nothing to do with how he did at Notre Dame, how he has done here. If his parents had the money to pay for his team mates to go to the same school as him by providing 'em living conditions, well, that's there money. Good for them. He wasn't drafted by this team because he had a good high school record.

I'd thought it was fairly commonplace for athletes to put up their friends at higher levels, so this "story" never surprised me at all.

Oh, I don't know, maybe ... you know... in COLLEGE? or in the NFL? Do you really think this coaching staff is just giving him a pass on everything because his parents are rich? Do you think Charlie Weiss was like "OH LOL YOU HAS STRETCH LIMO HERE BE MY QUE BEE?!" Maybe Marty Hurney was really impressed by his bling, and John Fox was persuaded by his legion of friends living in his house and his brothers coaching him. Or something.

Or maybe you can give the dude some credit for looking impressive in college. He isn't there with his pro game yet, but news flash: he's just a rookie.

edit: Speaking of which, how do you know he didn't work for anything, anyway? Did you know him or something? You seem awfully angry at him for just being a fan of a football team.

Game manager is a franchise qb if you look at Ryan, Flacco, Freeman, Sanchez.

I will say that the term "franchise qb" has gotten muddied over the years.

If Clausen can just learn to move the ball down the field when all else fails, I'll be happy. I wouldn't care what he's classified as.

We get 11 more games with Clausen. Hopefully, we'll see more of what he's about. Good or bad.

Archived