• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are you in favor of Franchise QB or Game Manager

MooshMoosh

First time poster, long time lurker. What a better way to start a thread in the misdt of a terrible season. Can we turn it around? I hope so. I guess my question comes from the fact that this season has not gone well, from the first snap of preseason, to the interception of last sunday to end the game, it has been an ugly one.

I have always said and heard that the most important position on a football field is the QB. When a team does great is usually because of the QB, when the team tanks it's usually in their best interest to draft a QB. Looking at the 0-5 teams around the leauge, Smith=Not very good Fitzpatrick=Not very good, Bills and 49ers shooting for a QB in the draft next year. My question is, knowing this, why would you ever want a game manager as your QB?

I would love for this franchise to get a star QB. It brings excitment to team, the fans, ticket sales, tv exposure. Nothing against Matt Moore, but I don't think he is what we need at all. Same for jimmy, if he is fumbling balls and looking lost in week 17, I would hope we would consider maybe a qb high in next draft. Anyways, I enjoy the huddle, and look forward to posting more often.

How many true franchise QBs are there in the league? It's not like it's easy to get one. The question is a no-brainer, but finding one can be a real challenge.

Yeah, do we really have a choice? We're going to have our best pick in 10 years next draft but will there be a Franchise QB to select?

well I guess what I truly meant was, shoot for peyton manning, but would not be bad if it turned into ryan/flacco/rodgers. Basically a guy that would not depend on all other 10 players in the offense to play elite just for him to have an average game. That is not what we need

Looking at the 0-5 teams around the leauge, Smith=Not very good Fitzpatrick=Not very good, Bills and 49ers shooting for a QB in the draft next year. My question is, knowing this, why would you ever want a game manager as your QB?

The Bills QB actually has the 6th highest passer rating in the NFL.

Paraphrasing John Madden..."When someone says he's a game manager, that means he not a very good football player".

There are some people on this board, no joke that will tell you that our future is in the hands of a guy named Matt Moore. That he has struggled and looked lost, but is just as much the future of this franchise as Jimmy Clausen, or a #1 pick in the draft. I think matt on his best day would be described as a 190 yd qb/game manager. Matt is not meant to have a shootout a "kurt warner-aaron rodgers" 40 point playoff game. And those are the games that count. I'll be honest, jimmy looked decent in the saints game and he looked awful against the bears. But i rather take my chances with a rookie that could be a stud, or hopefully not but a big bust. Either way, the jury is still out for a rookie, but for a guy who hasn't been able to get into the field until the worst of the worst jake delhomme meltdowns.....it ain't going to happen.

Archived