• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When John Fox wants to be ...

E CaT PanTHer

he can be one of the great coaches in this league. I know a lot of us get down on him, myself included, when our team shows up uninspired, shows no heart, no enthusiasm, and just flat out lays an egg. But when our backs are against the wall, and a game is a must win game, he can put a gameplan together and execute it to perfection.

There's a reason during his tenure here, the Panthers have the best winning % in the playoffs in NFL History !!!! John Fox knows what must win games are, and Monday vs Tampa was a perfect example. Lose that game, and you essentially lose the division and are in a dog fight for a wildcard spot. John Fox knew that couldn't happen and had this team ready to play.

I guess that's one thing we have to accept with Foxy. During the regular season, you're not going to see many flash wins. You're not going to see absolutely dominating performances. You'll sometimes see a Panther team that looks absolutely horrendous. But that's all part of the package that comes with Fox. Fox's whole goal is to get in the tournament. He can give a rats ass of how he gets in there, but once he's in, he's one of the elite coaches, and I would take him over most coaches in this league.

Mentioned prior to the game that Fox tends to be great against teams that beat us earlier in the same year.

I'd almost rather lose to the Giants in the regular season just to see if Fox could make those same kind of adjustments and pull off a playoff victory.

(to be clear, I said almost)

Mentioned prior to the game that Fox tends to be great against teams that beat us earlier in the same year.

I'd almost rather lose to the Giants in the regular season just to see if Fox could make those same kind of adjustments and pull off a playoff victory.

haha yea i was actually telling my friend that earlier today before the game. we've done it numerous times, matchups including dallas back in '03, philadelphia in '03, chicago in '05, new orleans in '05, atlanta in '06, tampa in '07, and tampa again in '08.

so considering this...lets hope we lose to the giants, haha. jk?

Archived