• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Aaron Kampman?

hdevonxz

Disagree. I could see trading for Kampman if a little more were thrown in.

He's not quite on Peppers level, but he's the same position and with a 1st and a 3rd (make it next year's if it's a sticking point) I could probably get behind it.

On the other hand, if they're likely to let him go anyway, you could always trade Peppers elsewhere for help at another spot (corner perhaps) or a passel of picks, and then go after Kampman as well when he's released.

Disagree. I could see trading for Kampman if a little more were thrown in.

He's not quite on Peppers level, but he's the same position and with a 1st and a 3rd (make it next year's if it's a sticking point) I could probably get behind it.

On the other hand, if they're likely to let him go anyway, you could always trade Peppers elsewhere for help at another spot (corner perhaps) or a passel of picks, and then go after Kampman when he's released.

Kampman has 37 sacks the last three years, I think besides for ware and Allen thats the most of any player over the same span.It would be a str trade because of that and we might get a 4 or 5th added on to it. which is why I said we shouldn't do it, I'd rather have the 1st, 3rd and 5th from GB. We have more the one hole on defense.

Kampman has 37 sacks the last three years, I think besides for ware and Allen thats the most of any player over the same span.It would be a str trade because of that and we might get a 4 or 5th added on to it. which is why I said we shouldn't do it, I'd rather have the 1st, 3rd and 5th from GB. We have more the one hole on defense.

I'd accept a 3 pick trade.

The difference is that all Kampman is asked to do is sack the quarterback. Peppers is a well-rounded player who is asked to do much more. Comparing just sacks, between the two, doesn't even begin to tell the story.

Peppers would command much more.

how old is Kampman

Same age as Peppers

If we cant get Suggs for Peppers, this is my second choice.

I don't see how Suggs would fit into our offense.

Most of you are overlooking the fact that the other team is getting Peppers, for 1 year and a reportedly 17million. So they would be less likely to offer more than Kampman and a mid rounder.

someone suggested trading 2nds with the Packers, that would be a good idea.

The difference is that all Kampman is asked to do is sack the quarterback. Peppers is a well-rounded player who is asked to do much more. Comparing just sacks, between the two, doesn't even begin to tell the story.

Since Peppers is leaving, and has said he wants to leave no matter what I have a little less favoritism towards him.

To tell the truth, Peppers isn't asked to do much and he really doesn't do everything at an elite level. Dropping Peppers back into coverage is dumb, and Peppers isn't great against the run.

Actually this possible trade makes a bit of sense.

Kampman might not like the switch to 3-4 and perfer to play on a 4-3 defence on na good team, a bit like Abraham and the Jets a couple years ago.While Peppers want to hit his "potential" and is intrigued of playing in the 3-4 and on a team with considrable talent.

Green Bay would love to add someone like Peppers while Kapman would would lessen the blow here. Throw in a low pick to even it up.

Personally I dont see it happening, trades swaps involving players are very rare in the NFL. But it does has a little sense to it.

Most of you are overlooking the fact that the other team is getting Peppers, for 1 year and a reportedly 17million. So they would be less likely to offer more than Kampman and a mid rounder.

Not quite correct. The 17 million only applies if he ultimately winds up with us.

If he's franchised, Peppers is still technically a free agent. It just means he has a "tender" offer, same as the restricted and exclusive rights guys do, only far more lucrative.

As a free agent, Peppers can still shop for his best offer. If he finds one and signs on the dotted line, then the team that signs him surrenders two first round picks as compensation back to the Panthers.

That's the basic process.

What usually happens is that a player and his agent find an offer they want, then go back to the team that franchised him and say "This is what's being offered. Will you match it or work on a more agreeable compensation?"

The franchising team can then say "We'll give you the same terms" or they can say "Go ahead and sign, and rather than the two firsts we'll accept a first and a third" or "a first and this player" or something similar.

Bottom Line: Kampman alone wouldn't be sufficient compensation for Peppers. The question would become what the teams could hammer out as "fair market".

Kampman and their first should work.

Multiple picks will not work with GB as they will hve to find new talent to revamp their D.

They unload Kampmans salary which helps ink Peppers to a long term deal.

The loss of Farve as an icon could also help as the team needs to satisfy their unsatisfied fans.

• 4 months later...

Packers beat writer Greg Bedard reports on his Twitter page that Aaron Kampman has refused to discuss his switch from end to outside linebacker during offseason activities.

Bedard says the "Packers even urged him to talk," and speculates that "There's a problem there. Big time." Kampman was the subject of pre-draft trade rumors and is in the last year of his contract. He's showing up, but may want a new deal after posting 38 sacks over the last three seasons.

Source: Greg Bedard on Twitter

Over the past 4 years combining both tackles and sacks, only Jared Allen has more...

Allen: 258.5

Kampman: 249.5

Peppers: 198.5

Schobel: 187.5

Abraham: 168

I'd trade Kampman for Peppers straight up IF Pep still truely wants to leave.

From this fantasy news report the conversion from DE to OLB is reportedly going fine and he is enjoying working with Kevin Greene who is coaching him. So I don't know if he is available.

His salary of 3 million would be a huge plus for us. I could see us trading Peppers for him in order to relieve ourselves of 14 million in cap space. Don't have a clue what compensation would be fair.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/playerNews?statsId=6042&fantasyNews=true

Don't know how true it is, given it does not quote the player. I was actually using it to find his salary for 2009.

Archived