• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Strctly Panthers: Dropping Back

TheRealDeal

From the panthers website:

Head coach John Fox hasn't named his starter yet, saying earlier this week that going back to Moore is "something we'll look at" leading up to the Oct. 24 visit by the San Francisco 49ers.

"He stepped in and made a couple of good throws, and he moved the team," Fox said of Moore. "He's a guy that obviously started the season as our starter, a guy we have a good feel about."

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-1/Strickly-Panthers-Dropping-back/914fc11d-e097-4f39-bd37-c37132f20870

Just thought it was interesting that Fox pointed out Moore could actually move the team, and didn't dwell on those meaningless turnovers.

Anyone still think it's a guarantee Clausen starts?

This is not supposed to be a discussion thread of the two. There are other places for that. This is a question based on Fox's latest comments and the certainty people feel that they are still correct in Clausen starting.

A few weeks ago I remember Moore sucking hard and then Jimmy came in and moved the team.

Since we're still 0-5 the playoffs are still a possibility so the decisions should be about winning. But even then if we have two crappy quarterbacks we might as well start the one with more upside.

If Moore starts hopefully he finds the 09 magic that won't make him throw into quintuple coverage.

Does anybody else notice how poorly both Qbs sell the play actions. They just kinda stick the ball out there and make no effort to make it appear as though they handed it off to the rb. We have a run game but it is crushed by the lack of the pass. Part of me thinks that if we actually tried to sell the play action, it would work. Go look at the tape, we aren't fooling anybody.

Clausen gets one more game and then Fox is just forced to bench him. Forced b/c he literally can't move the offense at all.

Moore finishes out the season and wins some games. It is what he does late in seasons after we are out of it.

I think that Fox knows that it isn't his decision and is just waiting to be told who to play. I think if it were his decision he would go with Moore who is the veteran but it isn't. I also think that he is deciding which of the two can better handle the booing that is inevitable when we go three and out all day against SF. I suspect that Clausen will get the start despite how poorly he played and the booing by the home crowd reminiscent of David Carr. This time instead of Moore it will be Edwards cheers.

Archived