• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

10 Facts and Opinions: Panthers Edition

Clawsome2

1. It is all Jerry's fault. The season was set up for failure when the onwer did everything that could be done to not spend money. You are not the MLB's Pirates sir (18th straight losing seasons=owners ultra cheap) this is the NFL. He made it clear to not signing talent, to cutting proven players, and he was more worried about the NFL as a whole than his franchise. Your franchise is 0-5 because your basically paying for 3rd string talent, and expecting a first round bye. You are senile old man.

2. John Fox is an Average Coach. He has taken the franchise as almost as high as it can get, but has never been consistent enough for the good or bad. He has had 3 winning seasons, 2 division titles, and many forgettable 8-8s. He is not Belicheck, but he is not the worst of the worst. Sadly, his hands were tied in 2010 and now is just running out the clock.

3. Jake Delhomme was cut a year too early. After a terrible 2009, Jake was on his last legs. Fans were tired of his interceptions, but as bad as he was turning the ball over, the game was never really out of reach. He would have been a great mentor to a Moore and Clausen, and at worst a last minute backup with veteran experience.

4. It takes one season to go from worst to first. The 2007 Dolphins were 1-15, looked hopeless, drafted a OT in the 1st round and won the AFC east the next year. I'm not a dolphins fan, but it's happened to our franchise 1-15 2001, superbowl 2003, it happens all the time. All it takes is an owner willing to commit.

5. Other teams don't snooze just because Panthers are bad They go to practice, they attempt to make their team better, the worry about their fans, and try do do what is necessary to get the W on sundays. They come to play the game.

6. Jimmy Clausen is a rookie. He looked awful at times, and others he looked lost. He is a rookie, no doubt about it. I mean as much as I want him to throw for 500 yards and 6 TD every game, he is a rookie. He has a terrible receiving core, he has a laughable O-Line, and play calling that I could predict in the .500 section. Ugly situation.

7. Carolina needs a Franchise QB Above anything else, Carolina needs a superstar at QB. Either groomed or traded, but the trend is that if you want a lombardi trophy, you need a signal caller with big game. The idea of a game manager only works if you have a star studded defense, or a historically great defense. Rex Grossman, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson= Game managers with HISTORICALLY awesome defenses that went or won the superbowl. In reality all are scrubs who were career backups and could not replicate success. This franchise cannot put its future in the hands of a "Trent Dilfer" and expect success. Not with the coaches or staff currently at least.

8. Season is not over, but its not looking pretty. If we win one game before our 7th loss, we will be 1-7 (duh!). And that's the same record john fox had when he turned a bad team into an average team and almost made the playoffs in 2004. But the chances of that happening are ultra slim, and the rest of the league doesn't plan to play cheap and lay down.....to let the panthers catch up.

9. Matt Moore enigma solved. I wondered why he had such a drastic drop off and I think i finally figured it out. Turns out, when he went to "No pressure clean up mode" the rest of the team was already established. If we couldn't stop the pass, we weren't going to stop the pass, if we could run the ball, we could run the ball. And that's exactly what happened. The team was already established, the defense was okay and the run was AWESOME. All he did was go into a proven situation and not screw it up. This year there was no winning situation to insert into, it was from scratch, and the tools around him and his skills did not cover. We went 0-5.

10. I love my team, I hate the owner As the pain of an 0-5 season lingers on, I will not stop watching. I will laugh at the runs up the middle for no gain, and I clap when we pick off the ball, and die a little with a draw on 3rd and 28. I'm still a fan, I hope we go 11-5 from this point on, but I wish for a new owner. Or a new coach, or an elite QB, until then.....

1) I really don't understand Jerry Richardson, especially after signing Delhomme to a 22 million dollar contract then releasing him a year later.

2) Fox may be better as a DC than head coach.

3) I agree Delhomme was cut too early but, as said multiple times in the past, Richardson wanted to save some money.

4) We really did suck in '01 & really did kick ass in '03. Hell, each of the NFC champions for the past 3 years were unpredictable once. The Cardinals in '08-'09???

5) Of course they don't snooze. This is the NFL

6) None of our QBs are that experienced. Moore looked good last year b/c we had blockers with skills. Delhomme looked extremely good in '03-'05 b/c we had blockers on steroids

7) Either Clausen or Pike will become the franchise QB, but only in a year or two. Not now

8) Yep, the season ain't over yet buddy. '04 did suck balls but we won 4 of our last 6 games. '09 did suck balls but we won our 4 of our last 5 games. We always seem to do better in the 2nd half of the season

9) Moore can manage well, but I he may not have the skills of a franchise qb. Delhomme was a little bit of both '03 - '08. He crashed last year

10) We all love this team, & we all probably really do dislike Richardson as of right now yet he might be being extremely cheap for this season so we could be prepared for a lockout OR have a bunch of early picks for next season, tons of money & hire lots of free agents including a GOOD head coach (i.e Dungy). So who knows??

10)

7)

If we have the overall number 1 you have to address that franchise Qb situation and just grab Luck.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think we should give up and Clausen and in no way do I think he's had a fair shot... but it has to be addressed sooner than later... if Clausen is a miss, we are set back another 3 years.

Jimmy Clausen is a major MISS ! If the fans cannot see it, it must be because they want to caudle him. Why, because he is a rookie. Well big friggin deal. Him being a rookie doesn't make him bad. He does that all by himself.

Get rid of Clausen. Trade him, sell his contract, ask him to retire (ha) or give him away, but give him a Greyhound bus ticket out of town.

Jimmy Clausen is a major MISS ! If the fans cannot see it, it must be because they want to caudle him. Why, because he is a rookie. Well big friggin deal. Him being a rookie doesn't make him bad. He does that all by himself.

Get rid of Clausen. Trade him, sell his contract, ask him to retire (ha) or give him away, but give him a Greyhound bus ticket out of town.

Dear this guy and everyone who thinks like him

Being a rookie is a legitamite excuse, and being a rookie with poo receivers and o-line makes your argument stronger. He has growing pains and no one on his team is helping.

Calm the f*ck down, give him a year or two, and watch him grown.

You are dumb as poo if you think Clausen is a bust or god already.

Thats what the Falcon's did with a young Rookie QB

And the Steelers did the same with a Rookie QB

They got rid of them

Falcons traded Bret Farve

Steelers outright cut Johnny Unitas

Kurt Warner was also cut

QB's take at least 2-3 years to hit their mark in the N F L

Thats what the Falcon's did with a young Rookie QB

And the Steelers did the same with a Rookie QB

They got rid of them

Falcons traded Bret Farve

Steelers outright cut Johnny Unitas

Kurt Warner was also cut

QB's take at least 2-3 years to hit their mark in the N F L

There are some that take longer to adjust to the NFL from college. Clausen has the tools to be a good qb. He needs to develop those tools. Most qbs do not do well out of the gate. No one knows for sure what will become of Clausen. But it's way too early to throw in the towel.

Archived