• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Clausen throws LaFell under bus in post game interview

TheRealDeal

http://www.panthers.com/media-vault/videos/LIVE---Jimmy-Clausen-Postgame-Presser/14f80143-2a03-42af-91b5-48879d432abe

Said on one of the miscommunications that he basically read an uncovered man and LaFell didn't see/hear Clausen say it.

This is the type of thing he got knocked for before. Shouldn't he have someone coaching him up on interviews?

http://www.panthers.com/media-vault/videos/LIVE---Jimmy-Clausen-Postgame-Presser/14f80143-2a03-42af-91b5-48879d432abe

Said on one of the miscommunications that he basically read an uncovered man and LaFell didn't see/hear Clausen say it.

This is the type of thing he got knocked for before. Shouldn't he have someone coaching him up on interviews?

That would require a decent coach on payroll.

That's not quite the same as saying, "My receiver ran the wrong route" like he supposedly did before, but yeah.

not sure what you expect him to say.

Hopefully he also took the blame for throwing terrible balls all afternoon.

Just simply that there was miscommunication. Not that I saw this and called this and my receiver didn't do that. Something small but this was a major knock on him coming out

He needs a lesson from John Fox on how to handle the media.

Taken From The John Fox Book "How To Treat The Media"

Chapter I - What to say

"It is what it is."

"No one is coming to save us."

"He's gives us the best chance to win."

"Gantt, where the fug did you put my gum?"

your headline that he threw him under the bus made me think it was something more than "there was a miscommunication" ... which is something you hear from QBs all the time. Saying "my receiver ran the wrong route" is NOT something you hear all the time. >.>

anyway, minor details, but yes, this was one of the knocks on him.

I guess we'll see how he responds in two weeks.

your headline that he threw him under the bus made me think it was something more than "there was a miscommunication" ... which is something you hear from QBs all the time. Saying "my receiver ran the wrong route" is NOT something you hear all the time. >.>

anyway, minor details, but yes, this was one of the knocks on him.

I guess we'll see how he responds in two weeks.

It was more than it was a miscommunication. If you listen he says that he saw LaFell uncovered and called the hot read/route and LaFell didn't make the correct read and didn't hear Clausen call it out. He basically said LaFell was wrong and should have been in position to make the catch.

He should have said, "Just some miscommunication between us, we'll work it out in practice"

Archived