• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

At what point in the season does Tony Pike get starter snaps?

Flying Lion

I am well aware of the history of the game and played it for many, many years. Not professionally like you, my bad guy. There is a difference in being argumentative and combative. Your trying to slander me doesn;t make you right. Dude, it makes you look like a pissed off little cry baby.

Clausen had a pro coach (Weiss is doing a pretty good job with Cassell) that should have made him ready to lead this offense almsot instantly and he had Steve Smith, not much else though except a GREAT RUN GAME.... They use an identical system that was supposed to be a seamless transition for Clausen.

Back to my question...

Where is this great run game you speak of? You mean the 17th ranked rushing offense that has scored 2 TD this year?

Where is this great run game you speak of? You mean the 17th ranked rushing offense that has scored 2 TD this year?

The Matt Moore experiment was an epic fail.

Jimmy is showing why some draft boards had him insanely high... and low.

It's great to see Armanti make some plays today.

The question is: When does Tony Pike get a chance to take the helm? The ship is sinking and it most likely is not going to have a huge impact on the seasons outcome. However, it could light a fire and start a hot streak- the caveat is there is a point of no return. Look at Bad Touch Ben in his rookie season. People forget this is a guys who was ranked quite highly and part of our sixth round draft piracy this year.

Do we wait for the point of no return or give him a chance before it is too late?

2 whole games.....whoa. Pike will never see the field....and shouldn't

This is why you are a Moron. So he had pro coaching did he play against pro talented defense? NOOOOOOOOO! You can be coach by f'n Bill Walsh in college you will still have probelm adjusting too the speed of pro player on def. Next when people were talking about Pro ready means if he has a ok to good cast of player around him he can have success. Does Jimmy really have that????

Still attacking me. I haven't said anything about your grammar yet.

The Big Ten has NFL talent. Coaching is in the top tier of college so many players that come out are more pro ready than say C-USA or Big East. Jimmy Clausen is not taking the Panthers to the playoffs this year Koolkatluke, I hate to be the bearer of bad news... Something needs to change. Yes, the O-line will help drammatically, but leaving Jimmy in game after losing game can do nothing but doom him in the long run.:nonod: Armanti Edwards showed flashes today why not see if Tony Pike can do something when given the opportunity?

Still attacking me. I haven't said anything about your grammar yet.

The Big Ten has NFL talent. Coaching is in the top tier of college so many players that come out are more pro ready than say C-USA or Big East. Jimmy Clausen is not taking the Panthers to the playoffs this year Koolkatluke, I hate to be the bearer of bad news... Something needs to change. Yes, the O-line will help drammatically, but leaving Jimmy in game after losing game can do nothing but doom him in the long run.:nonod: Armanti Edwards showed flashes today why not see if Tony Pike can do something when given the opportunity?

He is banned for 24 hours.

Had Matt Moore led the Panthers to a late touchdown, would there be a quarterback controversy? The most popular quarterback in town at the moment is third-teamer Tony Pike. But Pike is a rookie and, unlike Jimmy Clausen, he played in a spread offense in college. The spread is to an NFL offense what English is to Chinese. The spread is to Carolina’s offense what English is to Japanese.

Carolina cornerback Captain Munnerlyn looked shell-shocked after the loss. He’s a South Carolina graduate, and I congratulated him on his school’s victory over Alabama. Munnerlyn said thanks and tried to smile, but he couldn’t quite get there.

A team that begins the season 0-5 has never made the playoffs. In case you wanted to know.

I was introduced to Chicago mayor Richard M. Daley before the game. Daley flew down from Chicago Sunday. It’s been a long time since I got excited about meeting an athlete -- Muhammad Ali was the last -- but I was excited about meeting Daley. He wore an old green golf shirt, was smaller than I expected and without pretension, just a nice guy enjoying the pregame sunshine. If I had more time, I would have told Daley that he had my vote. And if this is a just world, he would have said, “I already did.”

It doesn’t get much worse than what we saw Sunday. But it could.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/10/1753613/tom-talks-qb-pike-suddenly-most.html#ixzz120MI8f3c

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/10/1753613/tom-talks-qb-pike-suddenly-most.html

Feel free to masturbate to this. :P

I think Armanti plays QB before Pike.

He already has played before him. LOL.

Seriously though, he is a weapon and needs to be used every other series if you ask me. An everydown starter at QB, no way to short (Jimmy has 3.5 inches on him and had 6 batted today).

Tony Pike is 6'6 btw

He already has played before him. LOL.

Seriously though, he is a weapon and needs to be used every other series if you ask me. An everydown starter at QB, no way to short (Jimmy has 3.5 inches on him and had 6 batted today).

Tony Pike is 6'6 btw

Yeah I'm aware of all this. Pike looked awful in preseason in my opinion. Oh and Armanti at wildcat today is hardly considered QB. LOL.

Archived