• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

At what point in the season does Tony Pike get starter snaps?

Flying Lion

then he's not the qb many think he is, if pike is that good he'll get his chance to play at some point. i haven't seen anything that makes me think clausen is in danger of getting hurt(so play on)

Gotcha. I hope he is the real deal. I'd hate to see us ruin him on a lost season, not saying that it is... yet. I say we will need to evaluate this after the 49ers game in 2 weeks.

Good point. I seem to forget that there can be such stimulating conversation can be had on this board. Thank you for you input but it had nothing to do with my question.

You sound like you already bought a Clausen jersey and don't want to think about anything except him being the next Peyton Manning. Don't forget guys, Delhomme wasn't drafted and was a good QB at times of his career, Kurt Warner too. Diamonds are often found in the rough.

Back to the question at hand please.

You f'n moron Delhome and Warner played in other pro league and then were back up for a season or 2 before they started playing. Again learn the history of the game before you start posting. You look like a idiot.

You f'n moron Delhome and Warner played in other pro league and then were back up for a season or 2 before they started playing. Again learn the history of the game before you start posting. You look like a idiot.

I am well aware of the history of the game and played it for many, many years. Not professionally like you, my bad guy. There is a difference in being argumentative and combative. Your trying to slander me doesn;t make you right. Dude, it makes you look like a pissed off little cry baby.

Clausen had a pro coach (Weiss is doing a pretty good job with Cassell) that should have made him ready to lead this offense almsot instantly and he had Steve Smith, not much else though except a GREAT RUN GAME.... They use an identical system that was supposed to be a seamless transition for Clausen.

Back to my question...

Also when Warner started he had Issac B., T. Holt, Marshall Faulk, and a great oline. Compare that too Jimmy's offense.

I passed over your point in our O-line. It does need Otah back.

I believe that Pike gets a chance this year if the season is lost. Absolutely, if injuries occur. I don't want that to happen.

Fox is on the ot seat - if he wants to keep his job he tries anything to get the team back. I believe he has to shake something up- QB is a good place to start:bigear:

I'd rather see Armanti as QB than Pike

The Mountaneer looked pretty solid today- too bad the Bears were not wearing Michigan Wolverine jerseys. He absolutely needs to be more involved in the offense. :cheers2:

However, it may not work so well if it were full time. The change of pace (wildcat for example, except that game where Deangelo ran it almost EVERY play against ATL a few years ago) loses its' luster once the defense plans for it.

I can't wait for him to run shop on our special teams in the near future

Pike certainly has the size to be a good NFL QB but even if he is more talented than Clausen, which I doubt, he's not gonna do anu better than the other two. We need to get the o-line working or nothing is gonna work. I just hope that Clausen doesn't get killed in the process.

I would like to see Armanti run the wildcat more... he looked pretty good out there.

I am well aware of the history of the game and played it for many, many years. Not professionally like you, my bad guy. There is a difference in being argumentative and combative. Your trying to slander me doesn;t make you right. Dude, it makes you look like a pissed off little cry baby.

Clausen had a pro coach (Weiss is doing a pretty good job with Cassell) that should have made him ready to lead this offense almsot instantly and he had Steve Smith, not much else though except a GREAT RUN GAME.... They use an identical system that was supposed to be a seamless transition for Clausen.

Back to my question...

This is why you are a Moron. So he had pro coaching did he play against pro talented defense? NOOOOOOOOO! You can be coach by f'n Bill Walsh in college you will still have probelm adjusting too the speed of pro player on def. Next when people were talking about Pro ready means if he has a ok to good cast of player around him he can have success. Does Jimmy really have that????

Archived