• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So what do you guys want???

stopncrank

i'm not saying that rip is a good coach, just that he's better than mccoy.

could just be that anderson and quinn were both bad QBs all on their own and that jake was already damaged goods by the time rip got here.

Maybe he's better than McCoy... but he still sucks. Matt Moore... he's the failed litmus test imho...

Last year, when Moore came off the bench, he most likely had spent much less time with Rip than Delhomme had. He played well enough for us to go 8-8.

Then, Moore and Rip have a whole off season of training together, and right out of the gate Moore is upside down on TDs to INT.

There's a pattern here.

Ray, if that were the case why would they even waste money paying McCoy?

Not saying you are wrong just that you are asserting some things for which there isn't much current evidence provided along with those assertions.

his job is to implement the offense. mckid tells mccoy what he wants the offense to do and mccoy helps it get done. mckid is the playcaller as well.

pretty well known there. it's mckids offense. mccoy just helps put it together.

i doubt he's getting a ton of money either. before someone pulls the "he turned down the panthers" angle, what makes you think the offer was at all attractive to him? i've said all along that those coaches that left after being given job offers/extensions here were probably all given crap offers and they took whatever gave them a bit more prestige and security. i doubt seriously any of them were given much more than one year extensions with no increase in pay. not exactly a team screaming "we want you to stay!"

Maybe he's better than McCoy... but he still sucks. Matt Moore... he's the failed litmus test imho...

Last year, when Moore came off the bench, he most likely had spent much less time with Rip than Delhomme had. He played well enough for us to go 8-8.

Then, Moore and Rip have a whole off season of training together, and right out of the gate Moore is upside down on TDs to INT.

There's a pattern here.

you also have to consider that teams had a chance to watch more tape on moore and saw his tells. they also figured out how to beat the panthers run game, which is don't worry about the scrub WRs they have. double up smith, throw one defender on each of the other one or two WRs, and then rush everyone else in, blitzing on every down and from every angle.

again, not defending rip at all. you want a successful coach at a position, look for someone who has a proven record of success. coaching the mess in cleveland isn't exactly what i would call a record of success. rip was a step ahead of mccoy but still leaves us quote a few steps behind.

no way does he stay around when the new regime comes in.

you also have to consider that teams had a chance to watch more tape on moore and saw his tells. they also figured out how to beat the panthers run game, which is don't worry about the scrub WRs they have. double up smith, throw one defender on each of the other one or two WRs, and then rush everyone else in, blitzing on every down and from every angle.

again, not defending rip at all. you want a successful coach at a position, look for someone who has a proven record of success. coaching the mess in cleveland isn't exactly what i would call a record of success. rip was a step ahead of mccoy but still leaves us quote a few steps behind.

no way does he stay around when the new regime comes in.

I can agree with this :)

Archived