• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So what do you guys want???

stopncrank

I think these people need to go:

Marty Hurney (GM)

John Fox (HC)

Jeff Davidson (OC)

Brian Baker (D-line coach)

Dave Magazu (O-line coach)

Rip Scherer (the worst QB coach ever)

Jerry Simmons (Strength and Conditioning)

Tyke Tolbert (WR Coach)

Whomever is scouting WRs

They all need to have their asses sent down the road.

Ron Meeks (DC) could make us a dynamic Defense under another HC... I say he stays. Jim Skipper (RB coach) has coached the RB tandem NFL record holders, he's a no-brainer to stay. Jeff Rodgers (Special Teams Coach)... has seemed to take one of the worst special teams last year, and turned them into a decent unit (I was really worried about them in Preseason, but they seemed to have turned a corner).

The rest of the coaches seem adequate or are hard to evaluate based on performance.

I forgot to mention in the OP but I think Hurney stays, Hurney seems to be up JR's rear end good enough to keep his job. Fox just seems to be riding the train out so to speak. I want a coach that actually shows emotion wether he is pissed to no end or happy! I want the coach that chews ass when he has to and gives praise when its needed.

I don't think our defense is as good as people think.

I respectfully disagree.

Considering how much they have been on the field they have performed far and away beyond expectation. The only thing we could ask for at this point is for them to go ahead and just start scoring all our points.

Oh and a pass rush... that's been pretty lacking, but otherwise we've been pretty solid within our defensive philosophy.

Thanks for the correction.

You really think Fox and Skipper are that tied at the hip?

According to Gantt, they are. But, it does seem that way. They're constantly together on the sidelines, Skipper is Fox's assistant head coach, and he came with him from the Giants.

I respectfully disagree.

Considering how much they have been on the field they have performed far and away beyond expectation. The only thing we could ask for at this point is for them to go ahead and just start scoring all our points.

Oh and a pass rush... that's been pretty lacking, but otherwise we've been pretty solid within our defensive philosophy.

I agree Kral.

I know the Saints aren't hitting has hard as they were last year, but holding the Saints to 16 points is one hell of a good job by the defense. I'd like to have seen a little more pressure on Brees, but if the O played to the same level as the D, we'd have won that game.

I think these people need to go:

Marty Hurney (GM)

John Fox (HC)

Jeff Davidson (OC)

Brian Baker (D-line coach)

Dave Magazu (O-line coach)

Rip Scherer (the worst QB coach ever)

Jerry Simmons (Strength and Conditioning)

Tyke Tolbert (WR Coach)

Whomever is scouting WRs

They all need to have their asses sent down the road.

Ron Meeks (DC) could make us a dynamic Defense under another HC... I say he stays. Jim Skipper (RB coach) has coached the RB tandem NFL record holders, he's a no-brainer to stay. Jeff Rodgers (Special Teams Coach)... has seemed to take one of the worst special teams last year, and turned them into a decent unit (I was really worried about them in Preseason, but they seemed to have turned a corner).

The rest of the coaches seem adequate or are hard to evaluate based on performance.

These guys refuse to sign you an autograph?

Because of all of them have earned the right to stay.

I respectfully disagree.

I agree with what you're saying about the offense but what I'm trying to say is we aren't that good. We are mediocre, and for such a crappy offense we need the defense to pick up more of the slack and I know that is hard. But being 18th in yds allowed, 21st in pts allowed, 20th in 3rd down percentage and 26th in sacks is pretty mediocre to me.

Archived