• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So what do you guys want???

stopncrank

I dont think its any secret that the majority of posters here think Fox is gone after this season. With that in mind, how do you guys see it going down? Does Fox go but the rest of the staff stay in tact, or is it a fire sale and the whole staff goes so that the new HC gets his own staff?

My opinion is other than Meeks, they all need to go. But in all honesty if Meeks were to go i would be ok with it, but i feel like he has done the best job of all the coordinators based on what he has to work with. Davidson should be the first in line to hit the door in my opinion!

So what do you guys think/want??

I want a clean slate with coaches and coordinators.

My hope is that the majority of the players stay, with Hurney remaining here I think it's a possibility.

I have to agree with this. And if Fox goes and Hurney stays, this is what will happen. I would almost lay money on it.

been said many times in many threads.

jim harbaugh comes in and brings his own offensive support staff.

keep meeks and the defensive staff in place.

This is the only thing that worries me about the inevitable coaching transition. Our defense is really good and I worry that a change in coordinator brought on by a change in head coach who may have a completely different philosophy might do several years worth of damage.

So I'm of similar mind to you, but how often does a new coach come in like that and not bring on HIS chosen coordinators?

This is the only thing that worries me about the inevitable coaching transition. Our defense is really good and I worry that a change in coordinator brought on by a change in head coach who may have a completely different philosophy might do several years worth of damage.

So I'm of similar mind to you, but how often does a new coach come in like that and not bring on HIS chosen coordinators?

only in oakland.

of course you do have plenty of times that a new HC comes in and leaves an already successful staff in place. gruden to tampa would be a big example.

Same thing worries me. I love Meeks' system. I think it's one of the best in the NFL, and that if our offense had a better time of possession, our defense would really shine.

But, Meeks is getting a little too old to be an "up-and-coming" head coach. And I think that we're going to go with a young(er) prospect there.

If Hurney stays, I'd love the interview process to go something like this:

Hurney: "So, for you to be our next head coach, you have to agree that Meeks is going to be your defensive coordinator. Otherwise, gtfo."

Archived