• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A question about legs

Hairless Cat

This isn't an NC State vs App State thing. It never was. People bring up NC State bc I went there and use them against me (in years past) This is a Panthers issue. They took the best player in the FCS for two years and now he can't even be activated because he doesn't have his legs? What the hell. The pick we gave up for him is going to be in the 30's. THE 30's!

This isn't an NC State vs App State thing. It never was. People bring up NC State bc I went there and use them against me (in years past) This is a Panthers issue. They took the best player in the FCS for two years and now he can't even be activated because he doesn't have his legs? What the hell. The pick we gave up for him is going to be in the 30's. THE 30's!

If he can't contribute the season after the pick is effectively spent (which is next draft) then we'll have a problem. For now at least he isn't getting DUIs while being useless and not making big plays.

The fact that the pick will likely be in the 30's is a real shame, but it may not be at this point. There are still 12 games to play.

You guys are right. Edwards is a super fast human dynamo that can't get activated only because his speed has yet to be fully harnessed by the play book. I see the light.

I know you're being sarcastic and all but there is some truth to this. It's all about timing with the QB really. Being in the right place on time is key. Not working with the first team QB very much hampers the development of timing routes between QB and WR. This can be said for most if not all of our young receivers really.

I know you're being sarcastic and all but there is some truth to this. It's all about timing with the QB really. Being in the right place on time is key. Not working with the first team QB very much hampers the development of timing routes between QB and WR. This can be said for most if not all of our young receivers really.

Wasn't he working with Clausen since Moore was the 1st team QB?

Ok that is me just stirring the pot. Obviously he needs more time to develop at WR but this FO made a luxury 5th-6th round pick in the "high 2nd round"

Ok that is me just stirring the pot. Obviously he needs more time to develop at WR but this FO made a luxury 5th-6th round pick in the "high 2nd round"

This is my problem.

We took a situational player, not to mention gave up next season's 2nd to get him. Now this team is 0-4 and in need of some quality player not so much this year, but next...when we have a new HC in town.

It was a blunder, in the same mold as the EB pick the year before. A struggling franchise cannot afford to make those mistakes year in and year out.

I hope to God AE doesn't come to this site... The kid got screwed with where he was picked. The expectations are too high and nothing will be good enough when he gets on the field.

I mean, wasn't he kind of putting it on himself for a late round pick by choosing not to be a part of the wr's at the combine? He worked out as a qb, but the Panthers spent a

2nd round pick on him to be a wr.

I agree it was a bit of a reach on the pick. It's debatable at this point of how much of a reach it was. Won't know for sure until next season at the earliest. If he produces anything this season you will have to look at it as a bonus...well...it's something anyway.

I hope to God AE doesn't come to this site... The kid got screwed with where he was picked. The expectations are too high and nothing will be good enough when he gets on the field.

I mean, wasn't he kind of putting it on himself for a late round pick by choosing not to be a part of the wr's at the combine? He worked out as a qb, but the Panthers spent a

With the way our offense is I think any kind of production would be welcomed. And I'll say this....no one wants him to be more succesful than I do. I want him to prove me so wrong I am lambasted and told to eat crow for his entire career. I want him in the pro bowl and to be great for this organization.

:ciappa:

He took a gamble and we took a gamble. It's all a crap shoot anyway. Yes you want to get someone that can contribute right away with a pick that high but I would say with a second round pick the odds are 50/50 if they do or not the first year.

In this case the odds are even lower for us because we are changing his position. I'd say that there puts it at about a 10% chance he does contribute. So, was it worth it to spend a second on him? Won't know until next season because the FO surely knew he was going to take a lot of work but felt the value was there for next season, which by the way is where the pick came from.

Archived