• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A question about legs

Hairless Cat

Oh the old football speed argument. Guess what... Smaller guys don't benefit from it.

Wes Welker is so huge and so much faster than Edwards.

Hell Devin Hester only runs a 4.4 forty would you say he was slow on his rookie returns?

Look which 3 year old made the first attempt... you :P

There is a difference between football speed and 40 time. Wes Welker runs a 4.6 and is probably even slower now. As was pointed out the difference between Smith's 40 and Edwards' 40 is slight. Smith also probably can't run the 40 as fast as he did, and I wouldn't be surprised if Edwards is faster at pure leg speed than Smith at this point.

:smilewinkgrin:

I agree Edwards has good game speed..I see him as the Harry douglas/Davone Bess type.

Oh the old football speed argument. Guess what... Smaller guys don't benefit from it.

Straight line speed is overrated most of the time. Speed in and out of your breaks is underrated but more important. Edwards is plenty fast to play in this league. Whether he runs good enough routes, has good enough hands and can go over the middle is still undecided. Edwards seems to have a pretty quick first step and accelerates decently. I expect he will be fine down the road.

Slow day with the postings so you went after Edwards?

Want me to post a few more Clausen threads and stir things up?? LOL

It's too bad he didn't catch punt and work on his conditioning in the offseason.

It just proves that the competition at the FCS level is light years behind and it's best player 2 years in a row can't make the an NFL active roster simply bc of conditioning. What a joke.

It's too bad he didn't catch punt and work on his conditioning in the offseason.

It just proves that the competition at the FCS level is light years behind and it's best player 2 years in a row can't make the an NFL active roster simply bc of conditioning. What a joke.

I'm gonna laugh when ASU jumps divisions in 2012 and stomps the poo outta NC State on a yearly basis.

Joe Flacco, Marques Colston, Brian Westbrook, Donald Driver, and Vincent Jackson are all former FCS players.

You guys are right. Edwards is a super fast human dynamo that can't get activated only because his speed has yet to be fully harnessed by the play book. I see the light.

I never said he was great, or was going to be great. I do see his potential. The only thing I have a problem with is saying he sucks and then making up false reasons about why.

I can't tell if Panthro is joking anymore... Any college football fan could tell you the gap is closing between FCS and FBS. D-1 football has 17 more scholarships to give, of course the teams are going to be better.

Im not trying to give u a hard time dude, but u do sometimes sound like a dummy... I'll give u props on the wolfpack tho, but they and the Panthers only played 3 quarters of football this weekend. It sucks 80 recruits showed up to that game to watch yall blow it.

Well the good news may be that we get to find out sooner rather than later what AE can do. I wish he had a little more time to learn the position but screw that. Throw him out there and let the chips fall where they may.

The alternative is having to listen to this debate the rest of the year.

Archived