• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A question about legs

Hairless Cat

anybody watch devon bess last night and hope that Armanti could develop into a player like that for us?

Was thinking that too. Dude runs perfect routes and is built like AE, so maybe. Let's be honest - I don't care who's playing WR this weekend. Out offense sucks so bad it's not going to make a difference. Nobody's calling Steve Smith a bust, and he has 5 catches for 32 yards in 2 games with Clausen under center. It ain't the WRs, fellas, it's everyone else.

I think he meant that with the position change he has done a lot more running than he is use to and it's taking a toll on him. He has to get in WR running shape not QB running shape. My guess anyway.

i doubt it

i ran the same offense as AE did at App State when i played in college. Every QB on the roster's conditioning was up to par with the backs and receivers due to the fact that we had to run draws, option plays, etc. from a conditioning standpoint of a QB coming out of a spread-option offense should easily make a transition from QB to WR.

i doubt it

i ran the same offense as AE did at App State when i played in college. Every QB on the roster's conditioning was up to par with the backs and receivers due to the fact that we had to run draws, option plays, etc. from a conditioning standpoint of a QB coming out of a spread-option offense should easily make a transition from QB to WR.

Did you condition with the WR's? Did you run the same amount of sprints and routes as they did day in and day out? The answer is No.

A spread offense QB will be in a better running condition than a pocket passer every time. But no matter how much he runs, he will never run as much as a WR, so don't even pretend to argue that he would.

*waits for huddle 3 year olds to derail thread*...

Look which 3 year old made the first attempt... you :P

At his size, a 4.45 40 time isn't anything to write home about.

There is a difference between football speed and 40 time. Wes Welker runs a 4.6 and is probably even slower now. As was pointed out the difference between Smith's 40 and Edwards' 40 is slight. Smith also probably can't run the 40 as fast as he did, and I wouldn't be surprised if Edwards is faster at pure leg speed than Smith at this point.

Archived