• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A question about legs

Hairless Cat

Hurney said AE needed to " get his legs back". Now back in the day I used to run track, I was a long distance runner, so I know what tired legs feel like. But We are 4 weeks into the season- am I missing something real in the get his legs back explanation or was this just an excuse for him not being ready?

It's not legs that he is missing, it's his ability to grasp the playbook.

He is not only coming from college to the pros, but from D2 to the pros, and switching position.

For him to be on the field he HAS to be able to perform on special teams, and I am sure that after his preseason no one trusts him to do that yet.

It's not legs that he is missing, it's his ability to grasp the playbook.

He is not only coming from college to the pros, but from D2 to the pros, and switching position.

For him to be on the field he HAS to be able to perform on special teams, and I am sure that after his preseason no one trusts him to do that yet.

I have just as much faith in Edwards as I do Captain at PR.

You may, but that don't mean squat when figuring out who is going to be active on gameday.

P.S. Capt. has to be active anyway, AE does not.

well, we can't go into a game w/ only Gettis and LaFell active at WR.

I think he meant that with the position change he has done a lot more running than he is use to and it's taking a toll on him. He has to get in WR running shape not QB running shape. My guess anyway.

Sounds about right. Running routes and short sprints are hard on the legs and they need conditioned.

When did Hurney say this? And in what context?

he said that a week or two ago on the radio but then followed it up with he's looking good again. they had been talking about edwards transition to WR and hurney said that edwards had lost his legs because he had never done so much running before.

Archived