• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who the hell is this Darth guy and where has he been?

Darth Waya

The short version-Culinary school.

The Long version- Back in late 2008 to early 2009, between my diabetes & being sick of being in a truck, (it was never a job I wanted, and I was miserable.), my wife and I kept talking and planning to get me out of the truck and into culinary school. Well, May 8th came, and the company I was driving for fired every company driver in the southeast at once with no notice.

The wife and I figured since there were unemployment programs that would help to pay for most if not all of my schooling, combined with a damn good culinary program here locally, time to stop wishing and start doing. As a result, I'll be graduating after spring semester, and I'll be at or near the top of my class. As it stands my 1st 3 semesters I made the President's List twice, the Dean's List once.

As for my online haunts, I've primarily been hanging out over at adultgamingenthusiasts.com, a 21+ gaming community, where I've helped with hosting podcasts as well.

Still have my Panthers tattoo. Still make the annual trip to training camp for the Sirius Broadcast. (Tim Ryan & Pat Kirwan now insist I identify myself as "Gourmet" when I call. They won't let me on the air otherwise.) Still never miss a game. God I wish I did sometimes.

So, questions?

If you wear a darth Vader outfit to culinary school everyday then I must say I'm glad to have you here!! Welcome!!

LOL That's not me in the pic. That's just a random cosplayer I saw on G4 one day, and since my s/n & gamertag have always been Darth Waya, plus studying to be a chef, it works. My actual photo is on my profile.

Archived