• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers wants out.

capfolly

They would be crazy to just let him walk. We have no first round pick. I say fire turgo and change our scheme.

Tag Peppers, trade him for picks, use the picks and saved money to load up on players, fire Trgovac and change the scheme.

No matter what I dont want a player on the team that possibility is not playing to his full potential or his best all the time cause of the coaches and scheme - what if he stays, for tons of money and isnt happy with the changes??

They would be crazy to just let him walk. We have no first round pick. I say fire turgo and change our scheme.

Firing you DC still won't get you a first rounder back. They might as well tag him and keep him because the kind of money that he may demand might scare a lot of teams off.

Luckily, he doesn't have that choice, but he could hold out. I maintain that we need to get something for him if/when he leaves. Especially since we don't have a first round pick.

Actually.. you cant really hold out of a franchise tag situation or u become the teams property for the following year... he'll either sign or be traded... he is NOT in control... that is why the tag exists... to give teams some power...

f*ck Peppers. He doesn't want to be here, we tag and trade. If nobody wants to give us fair market value for him, let his ass sit for a year. How would that be any different than letting him go and getting nothing in return?

And we should be able to make cuts elsewhere (maybe Jake) to clear enough room to sign Gross. Besides, we have already tagged Gross once so lets give the man some long term security. Granted, tagged players get paid well, but if they sustain a major injury, they are screwed!

How the hell can other teams be so far under that cap while we are struggling to find money to keep our talent? I thought our cap management was supposedly very good. :rolleyes:

Think we make a play for Haynesworth now?

our Dline is in need of MAJOR help now, and with our current defensive mind set our defense is set to fall on its face.

If you want to sign Haynesworth you might as well keep and sign Peppers because he will be demanding the same kind of dough. The Panthers got Stewart and Otah last year so just don't worry about a first rounder this year. What first rounder is going to give what Peppers can?

If what ESPN News said is true and he does not want the franchise tag, this situation could go from cordial to ugly really, really quick :(

I will let u in on a little secret...

No player wants the tag... that is why they let their contracts go to FA... so they can demand top dollar...

re: Lance Briggs

It's a countermeasure to keep team from being left high and dry.

what a crappy way to end a week.

if losing in the playoffs wasn't bad enough.

makes me sick.

i hope mr. jackson is right, though, that it won't happen.

i can't imagine him being gone.

wow. nothing but sadness if he goes, though.

if it's b/c of turd and turd doesn't go i'm taking some signs with me to training camp next year thinking them for keeping turd and letting pep go.

they'll probably kick me out, though.

Archived