• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers wants out.

capfolly

I don't remember exactly what was said but JR pretty much called Peppers out for not being a leader on the team. Or at least that was the way most took what he said.

He Told Peppers it is his turn to step up and become a leader. In which Peppers turns around and has the worse season of his career.

I agree with everthing you said. I was one of the few that wanted to trade Peppers last offseason. But his comments about utilizing his potentiel and such has me worried. Not because we are going to lose Pep as much as this just further re-enforces the notion that Fox and the team just are too subrun to fix the obvious problems with this team.

Assuming Pepe is smart enough to know how he can be used best...

considering he doent even know how to give an interview I kinda doubt that...

I mean what evidence is there otherwise?

I guess we will find out here shortly if he goes to a serious contender for a serious discount OR to a wanna be/never will for a monster deal...

Time WILL tell...

Gantt thinks it's otherwise based on discussions with him, but that's purely opinion.

ESPN News is now reporting the story. They added a statement that he doesn't want to be franchise tagged. There's nothing in his press release that addresses that, so I don't know where they're getting that info.

Some of you all are so full of poo. Some you love Pep to death. As soon as the notion of him leaving or he voices his option on things you turn on him. Typical Panthers fans. If he is gone, i'll enjoy the memories of one of the best panthers ever.

Gantt thinks it's otherwise based on discussions with him, but that's purely opinion.

ESPN News is now reporting the story. They added a statement that he doesn't want to be franchise tagged. There's nothing in his press release that addresses that, so I don't know where they're getting that info.

who cares if he wants to be tagged or not, thats what the team has to do.

I really want him to go to oakland, just to help take the sting out of it.

Luckily, he doesn't have that choice, but he could hold out. I maintain that we need to get something for him if/when he leaves. Especially since we don't have a first round pick.

Dunta Robinson and a second rounder for Peppers. I know its not going to happen but it would be nice to have Peppers and Mario Williams on opposite ends. The only problem we would have then is who gets to wear #90. We just fired out defensive coordinator and it seems that most panthers fans on this board are not to fond of you current DC. Maybe you will get your wish. If I was in the Texans front office I would give the Panthers our first rounder for Peppers. (picking 15th).

You know I have always wondered if Pep would have been the next LT if he played in a 3-4 defense. I wonder if Parcielles would think the same thing. I could see the Dolphines make a run at him and Pep does seem to be a Miami club scene type of guy.

BC he's a flamer

Some of you all are so full of sh*t. Some you love Pep to death. As soon as the notion of him leaving or he voices his option on things you turn on him. Typical Panthers fans. If he is gone, i'll enjoy the memories of one of the best panthers ever.

Typical anywhere fan... get a clue... with US or against US...

I loved what he did but now that he wants to go we need to do whatever we can to get the MOST out of the situation... it's business and you cant let ur emotions get in the way...

Any businessman would realize this situation for what it is... a bunch of posturing for what is to come...

Archived