• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers wants out.

capfolly

now they know are hand is forced.... NOBODY in their right mind will give up a 1st round pick for him.... kinda like the Jenkins situation... if we get a 2nd round pick then let the guy go.... I think the FO needs to focus on resigning Gross quickly so they can at least use the tag on Peppers and work out a deal

If reports are true that the Panthers only have 10 million in cap space they will not be able to do this. They would have to tag Peppers on Feb. 26, the day his contract ends, and then trade him and sign Gross to his contract by March 1st when FA opens and Gross would be on the market.

Very tricky thing to do in a short period of time. Signing Gross and tagging Peppers would not work without cutting a lot off of the cap first.

On a brighter side, for those of you still hating Delhomme...cutting Jake now would allow the Panthers to save almost 7 million in cap space and allow them to sign Gross and trade Pep at the same time.

just wait till we let gross walk due to not getting a deal, then franchising Peppers only to get a 2nd rounder for him.... we will have then let two marquee players walk for a grand total of a second round pick....

I think you are discounting the fact that several teams would pry like his services...I think we'll get something similiar to the Jared Allen deal

Archived