• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers wants out.

capfolly

I think this YEAR will be a testing ground... If it works out well for both sides, then Pep will probably sign up long term....

...if it doesn't happen before the season...

;)

:iagree:

That thought has actually crossed my mind a few times since this all hit the fan. In addition to guaging his market value, I wondered if Peppers' expressed desire to leave was a veiled wake up call to the FO to fix the defense. I know some say it's not a good precedent for a player to dictate what a team should do, but the Panthers obviously think very highly of Peppers. Further, if its was beyond apparent to the fans that the defense was inconsistent, at best, and in steadily decline for the past few years, then I'm sure the players could see it. There's no doubt that a change was needed, and the defensive playcalling, attitude, moral, etc., was only going to deteriorate more with Trgo and his "bend-don't-break" philosophy.

Now that we have an experienced DC and staff in place, with new energy and focus on technique/fundamentals, maybe Peppers may find that he can "reach his potential" in Carolina after all.

It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out. And if you're theory is correct, Peppers would've proved himself much smarter than most of us have given him credit for.

totally didn't see a bump of an old peppers thread coming.

+2 points for surprise attack

-5,600,949 points for subjecting us to it.

loser. (i think you're right even though you aren't the only one who thought it)

:iagree:

That thought has actually crossed my mind a few times since this all hit the fan. In addition to guaging his market value, I wondered if Peppers' expressed desire to leave was a veiled wake up call to the FO to fix the defense. I know some say it's not a good precedent for a player to dictate what a team should do, but the Panthers obviously think very highly of Peppers. Further, if its was beyond apparent to the fans that the defense was inconsistent, at best, and in steadily decline for the past few years, then I'm sure the players could see it. There's no doubt that a change was needed, and the defensive playcalling, attitude, moral, etc., was only going to deteriorate more with Trgo and his "bend-don't-break" philosophy.

Now that we have an experienced DC and staff in place, with new energy and focus on technique/fundamentals, maybe Peppers may find that he can "reach his potential" in Carolina after all.

It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out. And if you're theory is correct, Peppers would've proved himself much smarter than most of us have given him credit for.

Interesting concept. However, Peppers intelligence has been well documented since high school...

Quote:

If we Franchise him, he will play another season with us, or he will be traded for what we deem worthy.. I can tell you that that would be at least 2 first round picks, and there are teams that would give that up... Pep doesn't control what he's traded for, and if he doesn't want to be a Panther next season, he will have to sit out of football...

Quote:

A lot of people here are going to look really silly...

...and yet people still doubt me sometimes...

:)

(sorry for the bump, I was missing all the Pep-talk)

...and yet people still doubt me sometimes...

:)

(sorry for the bump, I was missing all the Pep-talk)

Unfortunately, no.

Archived