• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers wants out.

capfolly

Here's what I wonder about.

Pep wants to explore the possibility of playing in a 3-4.

Pep doesn't want to drop back in coverage.

If he's playing in a 3-4, he won't be blitzing every play and one of his responsibilities will be to drop back into coverage. He won't get 14 sacks in a 3-4.

I've been a fan of Pep since his UNC days and I think a change of scenery might be best for him. He'll go elsewhere as more of a hired gun and won't be expected to be a "leader".

I could honestly see this as a "win-win" situation, although a lot of Panthers fans will only see what the rest of the country sees-- his one or two sacks he gets (but they won't see him locked up chicken-fighting one on one with an average defensive tackle). We saw that a lot this year.

I don't think Pep has the conditioning to be a 3-4 OLB. You thought he got winded rushing the passer? He's going to be sucking on oxygen every time he's on the sideline if he has to drop to cover frequently.

Dunta Robinson and a second rounder for Peppers. I know its not going to happen but it would be nice to have Peppers and Mario Williams on opposite ends. The only problem we would have then is who gets to wear #90. We just fired out defensive coordinator and it seems that most panthers fans on this board are not to fond of you current DC. Maybe you will get your wish. If I was in the Texans front office I would give the Panthers our first rounder for Peppers. (picking 15th).

It's a deal! (If I were GM)

Get rid of the primadonna. Hopefully we will get some good picks for him. He can take plays off for another team while trying to reach his full potential.

Am i pissed ? YES i am.

I feel sorry for Mr Richardson who has invested in this guy. He simply wet his pants when the big cat asked him to become a leader last year.

Well, he's unhappy, so might as well try to get something for him. I don't know if anyone will give up 2 number one picks for him if he's franchised. I think Peppers numbers went up because of the move to the QB's blind side (right DE) this year, last year they were able to block him consistently with tight ends (TEs alone I might add). I don't think he has the value he envisions anymore, but...we'll see. I do wish him well, but again, no use trying to hang on to someone who is so disgruntled. Maybe that bleeds over in the locker room, don't need that.

• 3 months later...

Pep ain't going nowhere..

Listen.. this is how confident I am...

If Peppers is not a Panther next season, I will retire this alter ego, and revert back to my old one...

I can assure you.. It's Trgovac, and he'll be gone soon enough...

If we Franchise him, he will play another season with us, or he will be traded for what we deem worthy.. I can tell you that that would be at least 2 first round picks, and there are teams that would give that up... Pep doesn't control what he's traded for, and if he doesn't want to be a Panther next season, he will have to sit out of football...

A lot of people here are going to look really silly...

...and yet people still doubt me sometimes...

:)

(sorry for the bump, I was missing all the Pep-talk)

...and yet people still doubt me sometimes...

:)

(sorry for the bump, I was missing all the Pep-talk)

You are wise indeed, Jedi Master Windu. We shall never underestimate your abilities again........:D

Seriously, though, since Trgo's gone (and good riddance IMO), do you think the new defensive direction will cause Pep to have a change of heart and sign long-term with the team at some point, or will we have to revisit this drama again next offseason?

Archived