• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers wants out.

capfolly

Stop!!! Look!!!! Listen!!!!! I want some intelligent person on this board to tell me when have you ever seen Fox jump in somebody's(anybody)face on the sideline when players or coaches mess up. Just think about all of the other coaches we see constantly pulling players to the side and getting on them for stupid mistakes. If the coach has the right kind of rapport with his players he can do that and still keep their respect. Have any of you ever seen Fox question any of his coaches? Other coaches do.

I do not blame Peppers one bit. I bet many of you who are criticizing Peppers have left your workplace because you just got tired of the bullshi## the management kept doing. I even bet many of you were good at what you did and made good money. Futhermore, I suspect you even had some excellent suggestions about what would make your company better. BUT you had an immediate boss who DID NOT know what the hell he/she was doing and you finally said fu## it!!!!!!!!!!! GO PANTHERS!!!!!!

great post!!!!!

Mike Turdovac has to go period. The scenerio would be like this.

Mike Trogovac: I been lookin at some game film and I got some new stratigies

Jerry Richardson: Take that film an shove it up your a**, you dumb a** idiot You and that stupid a** look you have on your face on sundays can get the f*ck out of here...........And don't you ever comeback within walking distances of the coaches offices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

I don't like Trgo anymore than most, but he wasn't telling Peppers to take plays off. If you took the time to watch Peppers every play you could see it. He rarely changed his technique, mostly a bull rush. His ball pursuit has fallen way off the last few years.

I'm not crazy about any of our coaches, but Peppers' on the field problems are of his own doing.

You know, to be honest, it really just sounds to me like he has a REALLY good agent. And what i mean by that is, the agent knows "7 years in, all pro DE, BIG BUCKS here". Sounds to me the agent is speaking for JP, considering JP's history with North Carolina all together. I honestly figured JP to retire in Carolina, like a Ray Lewis or Ed Reed. How about some loyalty JP? I just have this gut wrenching feeling that your agent is out for a big payday.

Here's what I wonder about.

Pep wants to explore the possibility of playing in a 3-4.

Pep doesn't want to drop back in coverage.

If he's playing in a 3-4, he won't be blitzing every play and one of his responsibilities will be to drop back into coverage. He won't get 14 sacks in a 3-4.

I've been a fan of Pep since his UNC days and I think a change of scenery might be best for him. He'll go elsewhere as more of a hired gun and won't be expected to be a "leader".

I could honestly see this as a "win-win" situation, although a lot of Panthers fans will only see what the rest of the country sees-- his one or two sacks he gets (but they won't see him locked up chicken-fighting one on one with an average defensive tackle). We saw that a lot this year.

Its funny how people say as long as we keep running the same schemes we will never win a Super Bowl, but when a player wants to leave for basically the same reason everyone hates him. I personally dont blame Pep for wanting out. All NFL players want a Super Bowl ring. If I didnt think I could get a ring playing for a team, I would do the same thing.

Archived