• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers wants out.

capfolly

Peppers freaking quit on us. Hes a selfish punk who thinks the grass is greener on the other side. I hope he goes to a team and never sniffs the playoffs again. Go read the article Yasankis wrote about him. f*ck u Pepp!

Peppers needs to get away from assholes like you.

He will be a Raven next year..you heard it here first. I dont know what to think of him. I think he always played hard, I just dont think he's the player we all want him to be...he's not Brian Dawkins, Ray Lewis..etc.. He would be great with another leader on D. Its hard for some people to understand that, but he doesnt have that leadership quality, and I think he's tired of hearing about it

If my boss has allowed me to reach my potential but I think I have not had that latitude, then I'm being idiotic or blind or both.

Also - if my job is to do a certain thing as part of a team and the goals of the company are more important than my personal goals (and I knew that going in) then I'm being selfish if I leave to pursue personal goals while staying in the same industry.

There's nothing wrong with being selfish in the business world but in the context of an NFL team, the overall goal is more important than the individuals.

What's more important to Peppers? Winning a Super Bowl or reaching his personal potential. He could do that at the Lions if he wants.

Well then you and I disagree on the premise so we could never come to a rational conclusion to this argument.

The departure of Julius Peppers will mark the start of the Jon Beason era of the Carolina defense. As much of a freak of nature as Peppers has been, he does not have the fire to lead a defense. Peppers will rack up stats regardless of where he plays next season, but what this move does is makes Jon Beason the most tenured star on our defense. This will give him license to get in anybody's face that he wants. Nobody will ever again look at Julius Peppers' apathy in the huddle again. They'll look at the smoke coming out of Beason's ears and answer to him from now on.

I want a leader on defense that strikes fear into the hearts of his fellow players. A leader that holds them accountable. Chris Harris, Jon Beason, and Thomas Davis are the new wave of our leadership and they all hate to lose.

I was scared of making Peppers the highest paid player in the NFL at his position anyways.

The departure of Julius Peppers will mark the start of the Jon Beason era of the Carolina defense. As much of a freak of nature as Peppers has been, he does not have the fire to lead a defense. Peppers will rack up stats regardless of where he plays next season, but what this move does is makes Jon Beason the most tenured star on our defense. This will give him license to get in anybody's face that he wants. Nobody will ever again look at Julius Peppers' apathy in the huddle again. They'll look at the smoke coming out of Beason's ears and answer to him from now on.

I want a leader on defense that strikes fear into the hearts of his fellow players. A leader that holds them accountable. Chris Harris, Jon Beason, and Thomas Davis are the new wave of our leadership and they all hate to lose.

I was scared of making Peppers the highest paid player in the NFL at his position anyways.

Actually other players were saying Peppers was much more vocal in the huddle this year and actually getting himself and others pumped up.

http://www.news-record.com/content/2008/11/20/article/vocal_peppers_returning_to_pro_bowl_form

i think some of you are reading into this wrong.

Some of his statements refer to 3/4 defense. Other statements refer to no using him to his fullest poten. You can add this up a few ways. First he would like to be used in the olb spot, either perm or temp. Would make sense he does like to watch plays on multiple occasions and does like to chase plays. Or he is positioning himself to entertain more buyers by making sure he is covered/ shows interst in all defensive schemes.

To me its simple Carolina is stale, hes looking for adventure and dough. Large contract inventive coach are the easiest fixes.

Folks I will say this if we scarifice getting anything for peppers just to franchise Gross your desire for dropping the turd should perm switch to hurney. He is clearly on the most hyped players in the NFL. Carolina has got to capitalize on this oppertunity.

In the end I see us franchising him, looking for more than anyone will pay, peppers to be in our uni next year and provide a lack luster effort under the same scheme. We are what we are. People dont change unless you change the people.

Realistically, what kind of compensation are we getting for Peppers? Is Detroit going to offer us their 1st round 20th pick overall that they received from Dallas for Roy Williams? I would be happy with that. Basically, what teams would offer a 1st round pick for Peppers and how soon can we see a deal get done?

Archived