• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers wants out.

capfolly

There seems to be a problem with the Panthers losing good talent on defense in the last couple of years. Jenkins and now Peppers-- This seems like a system problem I hope Richardson gets to the heart of the problem and fixes it. With Jenkins you might have conclude that he was just a bad apple. But they love him in New York??? And now Peppers??? To put this into perspective think of some bad places you have worked and when management was bad all the good people left.

I watched Mark Schlereth talk about the Gruden firing and he made a great point about a long tenured head coach not being able to fire up the team as well because the players have heard the same message over and over again and it seems to lose its effectiveness. To Julius, Fox has obviously lost his luster and he wants to try out a new system/coach/enviorment etc. So while Fox has been successful here, has his message been worn out?

This situation has been brewing for some time. The statement Peppers gave through his agent, Carl Carey, said the defensive end wants to go to a team where he can realize his full potential. Presumably, he wants to play in a 3-4 defense.

Although he had 14.5 sacks this season, Peppers hasn't been happy in Carolina for quite some time. When Peppers was playing miserably in 2007 (just 2.5 sacks), I asked a teammate about the widespread rumors that something might be wrong physically. The teammate laughed, said no and pointed to his head.

The teammate went on to say that Peppers had stopped buying into Fox and simply was going through the motions.

I TOLD YOU GUYS!!!!

Remember way back when I started the TRADE Peppers thread and you assholes bashed me, told me i was clueless and WRONG...

Who's wrong now biotches!!!

LMAO--

OUr team is the biggest 12-4 drama queen I have ever seen- fuging SAD :(

Rumor has it that a Panther player is going to be named in the hush.com prostitution probe. So far our local Benz dealer has been charged, that was no surprise as he fit the old school Charlotte "above the law and above going broke" good old boy network, and it couldn't keep him off the hook. Now word is going around that before the Super Bowl, a Panther player is going to be charged. Going to be interesting soon.

I too have moments of discontent with John Fox and his "play not to lose" mentality. It drives me absolutely nuts.

BUT, his worst season in Carolina has been 7-9. His best 12-4. Three playoff appearances, two NFCCG, and a Super Bowl appearance.

I guess my point is this. If he were to be replaced, it needs to be someone who is BETTER. The only coaches who I would consider to be better would be Cowher and Shanahan (from those available). Anything short of those two could be considered a downgrade. There is such thing as "bad change".

Given that a team has to give two first rounders for Pep I'm thinking there's a good chance we don't get a damn thing for him - he just walks.

We are NOT going to franchise him and make him play for a year - that would be bad for both parties. It would cost us $17M and he wouldn't want to play.

same with foxsports

"The team could place the franchise tag on Peppers, which would virtually force him to stay with the Panthers. Under that scenario, another team could sign Peppers only by giving Carolina two first-round draft picks in return."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9092360/Peppers-won%27t-sign-long-term-deal-with-Panthers

The Philadelphia Eagles are proud to announce JULIUS PEPPERS.

There are two types of franchise tag designations: the exclusive rights franchise tag, and non-exclusive rights franchise tag:

• An "exclusive" franchise player must be offered a one-year contract for an amount no less than the average of the top five salaries at the player's position as of a date in April of the current year in which the tag will apply, or 120 percent of the player's previous year's salary, whichever is greater. Exclusive franchise players cannot negotiate with other teams.
  • A "non-exclusive" franchise player must be offered a one-year contract for an amount no less than the average of the top five salaries at the player's position in the previous year, or 120 percent of the player's previous year's salary, whichever is greater. A non-exclusive franchise player may negotiate with other NFL teams, but if he signs an offer sheet from another team, the original team has a right to match the terms of that offer, or if it does not match the offer and thus loses the player, is entitled to receive two first-round draft picks as compensation.

We just put an exclusive on Pep.

Archived