• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers wants out.

capfolly

HAHA

It is thoroughly amusing that all of a sudden everyone hates Peppers now, especially from his previous jock sniffers.

fug Peppers? Hell no, fug you, and fug our staff. It's been obvious he doesn't like this crappy ass scheme, on our crappy ass defense, ran by our crappy ass coaches.

I am glad for Peppers, like if Smith was to want out, who could blame him?

We're wasting Smiths talent, but unlike Peppers he doesn't appear to want to waste away a HOF career.

Kudos to him.

Hopefully we can bank a 1st and 3rd(after tagging him)

If we don't franchise/trade him, it will show just how RETARDED those guys are.

Playing at Home close to friends and family. CHECK

Outstanding venue to play your games. CHECK

Adoring fans and a media easy to coexist with. CHECK

One of the best owners in the league. CHECK

Offer to be made the highest paid defender in football. CHECK

Plenty of post season opportunities. CHECK

-----------------------------------------

A defensive scheme so heinous you're willing to chuck it out the window for the unknown. CHECK

You gotta have respect for Peppers. Besides one down year he has been the most consistant Panther player in the teams short history. I think he just wants to explore his options. The best we can hope for is the franchise tag, and a first and third round pick from a bad team. Let's just hope he ends up in the AFC.

Some random thoughts on this...

-Its interesting that things have come full circle since Fox and Co. took over. Now we can watch how they handle keeping both of 02's and 03's first rounders. It does show that their drafts were successful. Considering the dilemma were in.

-I am not sure what to make of it but Pep's numbers are right there with J.Allens #'s. Except they are slightly better than his in the big play department (FF's and BK's). If we tag Pep for a trade...we better get a better return than what the Chiefs got last year. I would be dissapointed if we dont get a top 10 oppurtunity.

-There are only 6 projected DE's in the top 64 on mock boards. We should probably get to know em.

-Sorry to have to see Pep "reach his full potential" in another uniform. In my mind that makes him more of a pariah than Kris Jenkins. At least Jenkins went out with guns blazing. Pep...well he just said he didnt give his all while wearing the black and blue. Thats not a cool message. I am glad we wont be the ones to make him the NFL's highest paid defensive player...or the 2nd when Demarcus Ware signs his contract.

Yasinskas weighs in...

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcsouth/0-7-104/Weighing-in-on-the-Peppers-situation.html

This situation has been brewing for some time. The statement Peppers gave through his agent, Carl Carey, said the defensive end wants to go to a team where he can realize his full potential. Presumably, he wants to play in a 3-4 defense.

Although he had 14.5 sacks this season, Peppers hasn't been happy in Carolina for quite some time. When Peppers was playing miserably in 2007 (just 2.5 sacks), I asked a teammate about the widespread rumors that something might be wrong physically. The teammate laughed, said no and pointed to his head.

The teammate went on to say that Peppers had stopped buying into Fox and simply was going through the motions.

IF this is the case with pep, i wonder how many more players just stopped buying into fox. this just got even nastier. this isn't good at all...

Personally I have stopped buying into Fox for awhile now, I am so glad this is being aired out.

Well it seems us Fox "haters" are at least partially right, which is ultimately unfortunate.

Fox is already losing some players, I think it is safe to assume Peppers isn't the only one.

So really I wonder what all the pro Fox posters have to say about this.

Its sad, but I cant blame him...

I bet he goes somewhere thats going to unleash him, and he blows up. Talk about Panther nation being pissed off seeing what we once had but sadly underutilized

That would send a strong meesage to the FO that Fox has lost the team.

Archived