• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers wants out.

capfolly

Just to brighten the thread for a second with a funny story. Trgo and his wife and family came into the Wendy's in Boone that I used to work at about 3 or 4 years ago. I told him that I was a huge fan of the Panthers and thought he did a great job....he was surprised I recognized him. In hindsight,I would have been more deserving of a compliment on my fry making abilities than he on his coaching...

Officially do the Panthers have to grant permission to Pep or his agent to try and seek a trade if he's franchised?

Interesting when you look at the rhetoric between the Bears and Lance Briggs:

CHICAGO -- Pro Bowl linebacker Lance Briggs reiterated Tuesday that he will not play another down for the Chicago Bears and is ready to sit out next season after they designated him as their franchise player.

"There are a lot of different options, a lot of different decisions, that could happen as the season comes closer," Briggs told ESPN. "But that's one of those options."

That came a day after he told Foxsports.com: "I've played my last snap for them. I'll never play another down for Chicago again."

Briggs first revealed his feelings last week, when he told ESPN.com the team should remove the label or trade him and then informed a Chicago radio station he would do "everything that's within my power" to leave the Bears.

The franchise tag guarantees Briggs $7.206 million next season -- the average of the top five salaries for players at his position -- but it also deters other teams from signing him. The Bears could match any offer for Briggs or receive two No. 1 draft picks. If he sits out next season, the Bears could use the franchise tag again.

A third-round draft pick from Arizona in 2003, Briggs earned $721,600 in the final season of his first NFL contract after he reportedly rejected a six-year, $33 million offer last spring. He told ESPN the deal was for seven years, and he turned it down because it was "below market value."

Of course Briggs is now in the middle of a 6/36 mill deal with the Bears.

15 TDs and 12 INTs then a 6 turnover performance in the playoffs.

A 12-4 record with more than one game where he was responsible for a game winning drive. Add in that on a team where the running attack was primary, you expect passing TDs to be down, and most of those picks came in a couple of bad games.

2006 was Delhomme's worst year. With the team down two starting O-linemen they had to change the offensive approach to a more 'quick pass' oriented approach. Delhomme had a very 'stat friendly' season, but the offense wasn't suited to his strengths and overall proved to be anemic. The team finished out of the playoffs.

This year had a lousy finish, but it was a pretty good year overall, especially one year removed from Tommy John.

Worst year ever? Not even close :nonod:

A 12-4 record with more than one game where he was responsible for a game winning drive. Add in that on a team where the running attack was primary, you expect passing TDs to be down, and most of those picks came in a couple of bad games.

2006 was Delhomme's worst year. With the team down two starting O-linemen they had to change the offensive approach to a more 'quick pass' oriented approach. Delhomme had a very 'stat friendly' season, but the offense wasn't suited to his strengths and overall proved to be anemic. The team finished out of the playoffs.

This year had a lousy finish, but it was a pretty good year overall, especially one year removed from Tommy John.

Worst year ever? Not even close :nonod:

Delhomme would have passed for more TDs if DWill and Stew didn't keep taling it to the house. :P

Archived