• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers wants out.

capfolly

In another thread I said I thought the Eagles would be the most likely team to trade for Peppers. I still stand by that. They are really the only team with 2 1st round picks that most would consider a "contender" and they are willing to sign big name free agents and they will have the cap room to do so.

I say we get our 1st back, ironicly, and a 3rd. And I think that would be a good trade on both sides to be honest.

Well I guess the Texans are out of the running. We won't be giving up a 1st and a third for him. I guess we better focus on suggs or just use the first pick and hope we get another dog that can hunt right away. If the Panthers can tag and trade peppers to one of the teams in the top 5 they may be able to get Brain Orakpo from UT. A guy like that will make you forget about peppers pretty quick.

I have a few thoughts on all of this....

1. Does this leave us up to try and sign Haynesworth and or Suggs?

2. Lets say the trade is for a top 10 pick. I dont see them using it on a QB, but do they?

3. I know it might be to little to late to fire Trgovac, but do the Panthers bring in someone to play 3-4 and Could they land a DC like Romeo Crennel?

4. All you guys out there with Peppers jerseys and Peppers only, who are you getting this year?

1) At minimum we would get as much as KC got for Allen. More likely though is that we would probably get a bit more. Peppers is a MUCH better all-around DE and does not have the baggage Allen does. And the age really isn't that big of a deal. Peppers is right in the middle of his prime, and probably has a good 4-5 years of dominant play in him.

In all likelihood, we would get 1st and 2nd round picks for Peppers (I doubt anyone pony's up 2 firsts, unless they’re late firsts). However, if it's a top ten pick, then I can see it dropping to a 1st and 3rd since the value of the picks would be significantly higher than a pick in the 15-25 range.

2) I do think Peppers wants to play in a more aggressive scheme, one that does not occasionally put him in coverage on 3rd down...heck, I don't think he likes dropping into coverage at all. I believe he wants to leave for the same reason a lot of people here think Allen, Abraham et.al. are better or at least practically equal DE’s...sacks, or rather the respect and recognition that comes from being considered a sack master (that, along with his already good reputation for being an excellent all-around DE would clearly put him on a different level than those guys).

3) I do wonder if JR's calling Peppers out at Minter's retirement ceremony embarrassed and aggravated him. When I first heard it, my initial reaction was to question if JR was finding fault in Peppers. I remember thinking that if I was Peppers, I would be a bit offended for being called out like that...especially at that time and place (which was inappropriate, IMO), and in such a public way. I just cringed when it happened.

4) Peppers is the antithesis of a malcontent. He simply wants to move on to a better situation for himself…nothing wrong with that. According to pretty much everything you read or hear from anyone close to the team (including players) indicates that Peppers has been a very good teammate and taken on a much bigger leadership role this season, and has handled his dissatisfaction professionally, and never let it effect the locker room.

I have a few thoughts on all of this....

1. Does this leave us up to try and sign Haynesworth and or Suggs?

2. Lets say the trade is for a top 10 pick. I dont see them using it on a QB, but do they?

3. I know it might be to little to late to fire Trgovac, but do the Panthers bring in someone to play 3-4 and Could they land a DC like Romeo Crennel?

4. All you guys out there with Peppers jerseys and Peppers only, who are you getting this year?

1) i dunno, it depends if we end up signing gross

2) iv read on here countless times that fox isnt the type to draft a qb in the first round

3) if we fire trgo, i will be happy as hell, but to think fox will change his game plan in a 360 isnt likely so imma guess no to the 3-4

4) this was my first thot when i first read the thread...imma either get a dwill or beason

Archived