• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers wants out.

capfolly

The Panthers are going no where fast. Clearly we missed Jenkins now we loose Pep and stuck with Gamble. Pep should have been 1st priority! Wake the f*ck up front office, because I sh*t you not youre about to loose your #1 fan as well!

They have been trying to sign his ass for the last 2 years... they offered him the largest contract for D in NFL history... what more do you want... give him the stadium?

SO... how many draft picks and in what round are we gonna get for Pep?

I say a 1st and a 2nd.

If thats what the panthers want for Peppers then they may as well tag him and get another year to figure something out. Any team that will give up a first and a second and gain a huge contract is out of their minds. Only the vikings would give up that much for one player.

This is a bitch ass move by Pep if you don't want too be here that's ok. But too get it out in the media and take away a teams leverage in a trade is fug up. I though he was a stand up guy but this is some punk ass poo. I don't remember this Org treating him like anything but their MVP. Other then some fans being dicks and getting on his case for 1 bad season the FO protected him like a new born baby. He should've went too Marty and made it know what he wanted and let Marty get a deal that would have been good for both Parties.

They have been trying to sign his ass for the last 2 years... they offered him the largest contract for D in NFL history... what more do you want... give him the stadium?

Well then Peppers must be serious about wanting to leave. Look, the guy has lived in Cakalaki all his life. Its time for him to explore the USA and a good place to start is in Houston..lol

In another thread I said I thought the Eagles would be the most likely team to trade for Peppers. I still stand by that. They are really the only team with 2 1st round picks that most would consider a "contender" and they are willing to sign big name free agents and they will have the cap room to do so.

I say we get our 1st back, ironicly, and a 3rd. And I think that would be a good trade on both sides to be honest.

"I strongly feel that making a move at this time is in my best interest. I appreciate the entire Panthers organization and am thankful for the seven seasons I've spent with the team."

The Panthers have the option to franchise Peppers, which would mean paying him nearly $17 million next season.

"Julius is firm in his decision that he needs a change," Carey said. "He feels that he can thrive in another system. While he has been selected to four Pro Bowls and designated as an All-Pro during his career, he feels that he has yet to develop to his full potential. This is the case of a great player who seeks to become an elite one."

Wow what an indictment of the current coaching staff.

Pep needs to go, you don't want to be here, get the fug out and don't let the door hit you on the way out. Granting him his release is laughable. He will be franchised, we'll see what we get for him.

As for the coaching staff, I'm sure the teams sides with Pep, TRGO has to go, Fox may not have the team any more either.

The Chin and Herm Edwards, please. I'm ready to turn the page and look ahead.

I know that now we are losing Peppers, we are building our defensive line around Kemo. Strange as it sounded a few days ago, maybe a 3-4 starts to make sense. . I would like to see Beason and Connor on the field at the same time.

Or they might keep the 4-3 and pick up a big DT like Haynesworth and speed rushers on the outside.

I don't know if Trgo can handle it. I guess we will know something him inside of a few weeks after he helps coach the senior bowl.

Allen was a 1st and two 3rds... the precedent is set...

Allen and Peppers are comparable in talent and stats but keep in mind that Jared Allen had multiple DUIs and still got a 1st and two 3rds.Pep is not the risk that Allen was so he could maybe fetch more...

Archived