• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers wants out.

capfolly

If what ESPN News said is true and he does not want the franchise tag, this situation could go from cordial to ugly really, really quick :(

I find that hard to believe. Peppers has said as much that if a tag and trade situation is best for the team then he would be happy to do that. I think, as usual, ESPN is confusing the fact that Pep wants to choose the team he goes to with him not wanting to be franshised. Don't forget that as a tagged player Pep can veto any trade by simply not being willing to sign a contract with the other team.

Now if the Panthers try to tag him and play him next season, you are correct about the situation getting ugly quickly.

I find that hard to believe. Peppers has said as much that if a tag and trade situation is best for the team then he would be happy to do that. I think, as usual, ESPN is confusing the fact that Pep wants to choose the team he goes to with him not wanting to be franshised. Don't forget that as a tagged player Pep can veto any trade by simply not being willing to sign a contract with the other team.

Now if the Panthers try to tag him and play him next season, you are correct about the situation getting ugly quickly.

Not really... if he refuses to play he is fuged. He will pay OR be traded... he cant just refuse...

I will let u in on a little secret...

No player wants the tag... that is why they let their contracts go to FA... so they can demand top dollar...

re: Lance Briggs

It's a countermeasure to keep team from being left high and dry.

Oh I knew that, but his comments about doing what was best for the team as well as himself made it sound like he'd be amenable to being tagged and traded (not that he really has a choice).

He did state definitively that he would not hold out. He knows that's a lousy strategy.

If Hurney playe his cards right we will come put on top of this situation... our team is in the drivers seat on this one.. Not Peppers...

i hope ur right man...but even if we do get a good deal out of this, it wont mean a thing unless we get a new DC....wow nothing like feeling on top of the world to scared outta my mind in just a week

i hope ur right man...but even if we do get a good deal out of this, it wont mean a thing unless we get a new DC....wow nothing like feeling on top of the world to scared outta my mind in just a week

It's the NFL... you could feel like poo thru 10 weeks and think ur team is done in week 17 to being in the NFC Championship game in an instant... just ask the Eagles...

The Panthers are going no where fast. Clearly we missed Jenkins now we loose Pep and stuck with Gamble. Pep should have been 1st priority! Wake the f*ck up front office, because I poo you not youre about to loose your #1 fan as well!

Not really... if he refuses to play he is f*cked. He will pay OR be traded... he cant just refuse...

You are right that he would have to take the trade but it would only be for one year. No team is going to trade multiple picks, espeically 1st round picks, for the right to have a player for one year. Most of these type of trades have stipulations in them requiring the other team to be able to come to terms with the player on a new contract for the trade to be final.

I don't think Peppers wants out of Charlotte so bad that he would sign on for 4-5 years with the Raiders or Lions or some other teams for that matter. The team is in the drivers seat but Pep has the map.

Archived