• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moores failure is Foxes fault

Hairless Cat

I have always been a supporter of John Fox. but I really think his pig headed ness has caused the demise of what would have been a serviceable qb for us this year. He had a chance to rest Moore this week against Tampa- he had his excuse and probably a very valid one at that. I doubt that there is anything like a " small" concussion - a concusssion can have long lasting consequences and to put a guy making all the mental decisions that have to be made on the field by a NFL qb, just 7 days after receiving what may in fact have been 2 seperate concussions is in my mind irresponsible. Moore was set up to fail by a coach that was too pig headed to let him have time to heal - both physically and mentally.

i kind of agree with that but i also think that moore needed that opportunity to not be passed over by clausen. if clausen came in there and lit things up at all (or just did more with the starters than moore ever did this year), then moore would have very little chance to win his job back. he is hanging on by a thread.

that said, the doctors cleared moore to play, didn't they. throw the blame on them if the concussion was still an issue.

Fox has done a lot of things to delay or limit Moore's success, but I don't think starting him in Tampa was one of them. In fact, Fox has always been overly conservative when it comes to injuries, and had he felt Moore needed the time off I think he would have started Clausen.

I agree with this part. He deffinitley should have started yesterday as long as he was cleared.

But yes, Fox did kill his chances with the way he handled this team for the past 2 years.

Archived