• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Time To Interview Cowher?

aussiepanthersfan

I don't see a problem with the Chin, Frazier, or Harbaugh. We just need to purge our current staff.

Besides who is to say Cowher wouldn't adjust his view on total control or be talked down or out of it?

The main thing is we have to try someone new.

I don't see a problem with the Chin, Frazier, or Harbaugh. We just need to purge our current staff.

Besides who is to say Cowher wouldn't adjust his view on total control or be talked down or out of it?

The main thing is we have to try someone new.

Meeks, Maguza, Skipper, whoever coaches the LBs...

Nah, Your right. Just get rid of everyone. That's how ALL the successful teams do it..

I wouldn't get my hopes up for a new head coach keeping much of the current staff intact, if any.

Generally speaking, the only coaches who get to stay on staff when a new coach comes in are well-established guys (Dick LeBeau in Pittsburgh, for example) or young rising guys that are "hot commodities" in league circles. We don't really have anyone that fits either of those categories right now (Meeks, Baker, Chryst and Magazu might be close, but not quite).

Sometimes a new coach keeps a guy or two (Fox kept a few when he came here) but most like to bring in their own guys, especially the established ones like Cowher or Gruden. The existing guys have a better shot of hanging around with a first timer.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for a new head coach keeping much of the current staff intact, if any.

Generally speaking, the only coaches who get to stay on staff when a new coach comes in are well-established guys (Dick LeBeau in Pittsburgh, for example) or young rising guys that are "hot commodities" in league circles. We don't really have anyone that fits either of those categories right now (Meeks, Baker, Chryst and Magazu might be close, but not quite).

Sometimes a new coach keeps a guy or two (Fox kept a few when he came here) but most like to bring in their own guys, especially the established ones like Cowher or Gruden. The existing guys have a better shot of hanging around with a first timer.

The only one I could see is Skipper, but yeah, we'll see a massive overhaul of our entire coaching staff.

......... but yeah, we'll see a massive overhaul of our entire coaching staff.

I am/will be perfectly fine with that. Would have much preferred this youth movement and "rebuilding" with that already have happened. I think the only reason why it didnt was because of the looming lockout.

Just saw in ESPN the Magazine that only five coaches have attempted to "ice" the kicker in a game at least five times. Most people are not successful. John Fox was tied with John Gruden. They tried to ice a kicker 5 times and succeeded 1 time in getting the kicker to miss. Bill Cowher was the best. He called time out 8 times to ice the kicker and when play resumed, the kicker missed it 6 times.

Why Do Beason & Davis not fit the 3-4 scheme ?

Beason 6'0 237 Timmons 6'1" 234

Connor 6'2" 231 Farrior 6'2" 243

Davis 6' 0" 240 Harrison 6'0" 242

Size wise they look awful close to 3 0f the Steelers starting LB's

Hardy 6'4" 277

Noorwood 6'1" 241 Woodley 6'2" 265

The problem is a true NT and DE

One would almost think drafting Hardy & Norwood was for a 3-4 defense in the future

by similar rationale, Tony Fiammetta and Dante Rosario are a perfect fit for the 3-4 defense.

Leslie Frazier is a quality coach but he's not done anything interesting in my mind. He was simply able to hold up what Tomlin left him. He does fit the profile.

Harbaugh I've been signing the praises of, for two years now. Guy's brilliant. He fits every bit of the deal. He's also a former player to be hired by a former player, and a charismatic guy to be the face of the franchise.

we've kept guys across staffs before. I actually wish we'd kept Sealey and the line coach (blanking on the name, I can see him clearly) on the Seifert staff instead of Wise.

Anyway, clearly Skipper would go with Fox, and so would Gilhamer. Many of the others would attempt to go too. Not a ton of guys with more loyalty to the team than the coach, but I could see the defensive staff staying with a young team since most are newer. Chryst could see staying as well. But just as easily, a coach would change up with a new guy and there's no contract so we can't force anyone to stay.

Harbaugh I've been signing the praises of, for two years now. Guy's brilliant. He fits every bit of the deal. He's also a former player to be hired by a former player, and a charismatic guy to be the face of the franchise.

Didn't Harbaugh make a stop here late in his playing career?

Archived