• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Time To Interview Cowher?

aussiepanthersfan

Bill Cowher:

15 years coaching

Games over .500: 59

Super Bowl Wins: 1

Overall Championships: 1

Conference Championships: 2

Division Championships: 9

12-9 in the playoffs.

For 15 years he pretty much averaged 10-12 wins a year including playoffs.

JOHN FOX:

9 years coaching

Games over .500: 12

Super Bowl Wins: 0

Overall Championships: 0

Conference Championships: 1

Division Championships: 3

He would have to win his division every year for the next 6 seasons to match Cowher. He would also have to win 13 games a year for the next 6 to match Cowher.

Cowher is also younger and doesn't have the grind of football wearing him down as he has now had 3 years off.

When was the last time we fired a coach midseason? Not only that but something so drastic that with Cowher he would want to run a 3-4. Why coach something you don't or can't change mid season.

Why do people assume that Cowher will want to run a 3-4 when he coaches again?

P.S. I am not all that on board with hiring him, but something has to change for the Panthers.

I like to see proof of Cowher sitting next to JR during the game. Still don't believe it happen

You and me both, especially how at half-time on CBS Cowher was sitting in the studio. Where do these rumors get started, and why hasn't the creator of these rumors been shot? Wow.

I want Frazier. Wikipedia him, his resume is quite impressive.

If we can somehow get Robert Quinn in the draft and a DT with a trade up into the 2nd. Our DL will be something fierce, imagine Hardy and Quinn at DE for us with Frazier coaching them for the next 10 years, maybe Frazier can bring with him that DL coach who has been coaching Allen and the Williams brothers these past few years with Minny. Our LBs are already young and more then solid with Beason and co. and with Fraziers history of producing great secondaries I have little doubt that we will be a top defense very very quickly.

Then get some offensive guru to come in who likes Clausen, work a trade for a legit WR (Vincent Jackson) and then the next thing you know it we are a team with a good young QB, great running game, great WRs, solid OL, great young DL, great young LBs and a secondary coached by the best in the business and not a retread in head coach Leslie Frazier.

I want some of that.

Archived