• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One game does not a career make.

neverlosethefeeling

I'm not ready to give up on Moore yet. I really hope he's able to play next week as we'll get to see the one thing we haven't seen from him - how he comes back from a bad performance. This was his first start that meant anything. He was in a hostile stadium, it was raining, and he was pressured to comeback because our secondary got torched. He was trying to be 'the guy' and I think Davidson was trying to see if he could pull it off, though that doesn't excuse all the goaline pass plays. He was forcing it. I want him to look back at what he did and improve. Clausen would have done no better today imo.

Moore is never going to be the next great quarterback, but he still may prove to be a pretty good starter.

On the other hand, Clausen could be a great quarterback.

That being said, I think Moore deserves another shot. I do not think it can benefit Clausen to start now, though the team could benefit from it both in the short and long term. I think you let Moore - if healthy - get at least two more starts.

My biggest compliment to Matt was that he "can't play any worse than Jake did." I'll be glad to bump the thread if you'd like.

I even specifically said that I don't expect him to play nearly as well throughout the season as he did at the end of last year. But I didn't expect him to be THIS bad. But no one did, really.

And all I'm saying is... it's one game.

No one has said that Moore was the only problem, today. He isn't. ineffective and uninspired play calling was a problem, also. History should tell us that when John Fox doesn't have faith in the QB (except for the Cardinals game), his play calling leaves more to be desired than the regular

not-to-be-desired offensive plays that he sometimes calls. So, in that sense, Moore may not be the only problem that we had today, but he was central to the problem.

Take a look at the threads on the first page, and you'd think Matt Moore WAS the only problem today.

I refuse to lay the blame on any one person because this isn't an individual sport.

Archived