• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One game does not a career make.

neverlosethefeeling

Matt Moore's career is not over with today's game. You bring absolutely nothing to the table by pointing the finger at Moore and turning a blind eye to the rest of the problems.

Our secondary got torched.

Williams and Stewart had no holes to run into.

Matt Moore was getting pressured on every single pass attempt.

I don't think anybody will try to say Moore had a "good" game by any stretch of the imagination. And as irrational as that would be, it's just as irrational to say that Moore is the root of all our problems, or Clausen should be the starter right now.

We're talking about a guy who was 4-1 last season. We know he can get it done. People have bad outings... and it's you who are unable to accept defeat that are the problem with this franchise.

If you're so unwilling to pick up the pieces and move on with your life without calling for someone's head after every loss, then you needn't watch professional sports. Or at the least, you shouldn't get too involved with one team.

With that being said, Moore didn't play well today. But it's not the end of his career. It's not the end of our season. And it won't be the end of our season when he starts next week. It was however, the end of today's game.

The beauty of it is that we've got a new game next week against a division rival.

And then we've got 14 more games after that.

There was very little pressure on Moore in the first half. He absolutely deserves another shot, but not many more. He just flat out played bad. Lot of bad passes (floaters, sailers, behind the WR), bad decisions. In the first half, he did well avoiding what little pressure there was, and had a couple nice runs even, but he was blind to the rush in the second half, and forced WAY too many throws into quadruple coverage. The TD pass to Smitty was nice, but that was really his only GOOD throw in the game. Even the rest of the completions were either short easy throws or high and caught well by whatever receiver. I think he gets 2 more games, if he performs like this in either, pull the freaking plug. Begin the Clausen era, for better or worse.

The difference between Moore and the rest of the problems, is that there is a possible immediate patch sitting behind Moore.

And once Clausen gets pressured and has no time to throw and starts to make mistakes, everyone will be screaming their heads off to bench him. It's ludacris to expect a good performance when you know you're gonna get hit every play. Even Brady breaks down under those circumstances.

Keep in mind that this is Matt Moore's first bad game as a pro. I don't wanna to try to completely excuse him but he does have a poo ton of pressure on him. He wants more than anything for this team to win and be the guy. He's got Clausen and the franchise breathing down his back. He hasn't seen Smitty all season or J Stew. The play calling was atrocious and we didn't much push on the offensive. It his first taste of real NFL pressure give it a few games and then see how he does.

Why the hell, when we have 2 of the best runners in football do we pass 4 times in a row on the 4 yd line it makes no sense. We run when we should pass and we pass when we should run. It's ridiculous. I think offense we run is way too stressful and relys too much on the big play. Most of the time we go run run pass on offense for the 1st 3 qtrs. It's puts us in terrible 3rd and longs and puts a lot of pressure on the QB and the WR's.

My biggest compliment to Matt was that he "can't play any worse than Jake did." I'll be glad to bump the thread if you'd like.

I even specifically said that I don't expect him to play nearly as well throughout the season as he did at the end of last year. But I didn't expect him to be THIS bad. But no one did, really.

Matt Moore's career is not over with today's game. You bring absolutely nothing to the table by pointing the finger at Moore and turning a blind eye to the rest of the problems.

Our secondary got torched.

Williams and Stewart had no holes to run into.

Matt Moore was getting pressured on every single pass attempt.

I don't think anybody will try to say Moore had a "good" game by any stretch of the imagination. And as irrational as that would be, it's just as irrational to say that Moore is the root of all our problems, or Clausen should be the starter right now.

We're talking about a guy who was 4-1 last season. We know he can get it done. People have bad outings... and it's you who are unable to accept defeat that are the problem with this franchise.

If you're so unwilling to pick up the pieces and move on with your life without calling for someone's head after every loss, then you needn't watch professional sports. Or at the least, you shouldn't get too involved with one team.

With that being said, Moore didn't play well today. But it's not the end of his career. It's not the end of our season. And it won't be the end of our season when he starts next week. It was however, the end of today's game.

The beauty of it is that we've got a new game next week against a division rival.

And then we've got 14 more games after that.

No one has said that Moore was the only problem, today. He isn't. ineffective and uninspired play calling was a problem, also. History should tell us that when John Fox doesn't have faith in the QB (except for the Cardinals game), his play calling leaves more to be desired than the regular

not-to-be-desired offensive plays that he sometimes calls. So, in that sense, Moore may not be the only problem that we had today, but he was central to the problem.

Well, it may be over in Carolina. He has a concussion and is going to be held in New York. With the emphasis the NFL has put the dangers of playing with concussions, I doubt he plays next week. If Clausen does well against a young Tampa team, I doubt Moore sees the field again as Panther (pending injury).

But I would have agreed with the OP otherwise.

My biggest compliment to Matt was that he "can't play any worse than Jake did." I'll be glad to bump the thread if you'd like.

I even specifically said that I don't expect him to play nearly as well throughout the season as he did at the end of last year. But I didn't expect him to be THIS bad. But no one did, really.

Exactly.

Many of the posters were enamored with Matt solely because it was believed he couldn't play no worse than Jake. Then it turns out that we're wrong.

If Jimmy comes out next week, and proceeds to tear up the Buccaneers. That would give Fox the needed kick to bench him for good.

Archived