• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers a playoff team?

HPPantherzfan

Starting to hear this a lot more than I thought I would from the national media.

Trent Green, NFL network, has picked the Panthes as his surprise playoff team specifically pointing out Defensive play, actually saying Peppers who?, and inspired play by the entire team for John Fox!

Inspired play huh? Guess that would be nice!

Its really cause they dont see a QB turning it over

Many may question can he actually win games for us, but not will he cause us to lose games by horrid play. What those dumb fugs like Dukes is failing to realize is that our system isn't setup to have a Peyton Manning. How you a sports analyst and dont know that?

How to make daring picks for playoff teams before the season begins (media edition):

Step 1: Learn what a football is

Step 2: Make list of teams, seperating by division, ratings, and last year's record

Step 3: Pick team from each division with highest ratings as division winner

Step 4: Pick one team per conference that had a greater than winning record last year but didn't make the playoffs. These will be your Superbowl picks, with the team not in the conference of last years superbowl winners being this years obvious lock to win. These picks can be switched out if the team that "should have" gone to last year's Superbowl hasn't been picked yet.

Step 5: Pick one team that didn't achieve more than four wins in the previous year and select them as the second wild card pick for that team's conference.

Step 6: In the other conference, pick a team that had a great number of hardships (i.e. injuries or turnovers) and declare them as "improved". They will be the final wild card spot.

Step 7: Learn as much as possible about the teams you've picked so that you can later defend these picks or tell everyone how you just "knew" it. Disregard the rest of the league.

Step 8: Wait for offseason, forget what a football is.

How to make daring picks for playoff teams before the season begins (media edition):

Step 1: Learn what a football is

Step 2: Make list of teams, seperating by division, ratings, and last year's record

Step 3: Pick team from each division with highest ratings as division winner

Step 4: Pick one team per conference that had a greater than winning record last year but didn't make the playoffs. These will be your Superbowl picks, with the team not in the conference of last years superbowl winners being this years obvious lock to win. These picks can be switched out if the team that "should have" gone to last year's Superbowl hasn't been picked yet.

Step 5: Pick one team that didn't achieve more than four wins in the previous year and select them as the second wild card pick for that team's conference.

Step 6: In the other conference, pick a team that had a great number of hardships (i.e. injuries or turnovers) and declare them as "improved". They will be the final wild card spot.

Step 7: Learn as much as possible about the teams you've picked so that you can later defend these picks or tell everyone how you just "knew" it. Disregard the rest of the league.

Step 8: Wait for offseason, forget what a football is.

Most of the analysts out there would be lost after step one.

The Panthers are going to make the playoffs this year... but I wouldn't say they're Super Bowl contenders just yet. I say they win 9 to 11 games and lose in the NFC Championship game. The only reason we'll reach the NFC Championship game is because of our defense. Barring any injury, we'll have one of the top 3 defenses in the league this year.

Archived