• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beason talks about Greg Hardy on his blog.

Cyclonus

Beason posted to his blog yesterday. It was mainly about the coming season. But he had a nice paragraph about Greg Hardy. I have a serious mancrush on Beason and respect the hell out of him. And I'm really excited about Hardys potential. It's nice to see Hardy is playing his ass off with a chip on his shoulder.

This is the link to the entire blog entry on his site: http://www.beason52.com/2010/09/04/live-bullets

Here is the snipet about Hardy:

One guy who has made the most of his chance is Greg Hardy. This guy was an All-American in 2008, had something like 16 or 17 sacks at Mississippi and was projected as a top 15 draft pick. Then he had an injury in 2009 and we got him this year in the 6th round of the draft. He is in a tough spot, because we needed someone to fill arguably the biggest defensive end hole in the league after we lost Julius Peppers. But it’s amazing to see Greg’s desire to play the game. The kid knows how to play football. Every play he is relentless and he knows it. You can see that chip on his shoulder, he wants to prove to everybody who doubted him that they made a mistake. That’s fortunate for me and everybody else affiliated with the Panthers. We’re happy to have him.

Beason--Not Smith, Not Matt Moore, not Gross, Not Williams, etc. is the undisputed leader of this team. Hardy is probably our best DE even though it is too early to say. He could be better than Peppers. I never saw someone so aggressive at OTAs in June. I kept saying, "He is a sixth rounder, but damn he looks good. Of course, these are only OTAs. Lets see him with the pads on." OUR DEs have NEVER been better.

Now that Harris and Peppers are gone, Beason is the undisputed leader of the defense. He's got the desire that Peppers never seemed to, and won't feel shy about demanding it of others. I wonder if that's a contributing factor in how much more intense our defense has been than in years past.

....this entire young defense has a chip on it's shoulder.....they don't think peppers meant as much to the D as the pundiks say...imho... I'e heard several players say this defense could be 'special'....they love meeks system...'its fun'...

Now that Harris and Peppers are gone, Beason is the undisputed leader of the defense. He's got the desire that Peppers never seemed to, and won't feel shy about demanding it of others. I wonder if that's a contributing factor in how much more intense our defense has been than in years past.

He would have still been the undisputed leader of the defense even if Peppers was still here. No way someone as quiet as Peppers can be considered a real leader.

He would have still been the undisputed leader of the defense even if Peppers was still here. No way someone as quiet as Peppers can be considered a real leader.

As long as Peppers was on the defense, there was the question of whether Pep truly accepted Beason's leadership. And that sort of thing cascades.

As long as Peppers was on the defense, there was the question of whether Pep truly accepted Beason's leadership. And that sort of thing cascades.

...makes me think of the scene in rudy: "if you had half the heart of ruettiger you colda made all american!"

Beason is already one of my all time favorite Panthers, much less my favorite player now. He is awesome and the fact he gives mad respect to Hardy, makes me happy in my pants.

The one thing that truly made me respect him (even more) was win I went to training camp the first time this year, after practice, he made sure to sign all the autographs he could, and chat with all the fans. It was great. He's a genuine guy and a great leader for the team and should be the face of the organization.

Archived