• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did Armanti raise his stock tonite as part of the 53?

Hairless Cat

Cantwell and Pike look like poo.

As I have said, carry 2 QB's with AE as the emergency 3rd. Pike and Cantwell are no better than anything we could sign off the street in case of an emergency.

I think I agree with you hatter. That would free up some much needed space. If Moore and Clausen both go down we should be running it almost every play anyway.

A third rounder this year and a second next year guarantees his spot on the 53-man roster, simple as that.

Here's my deal, though. The three guys picked after Edwards (Norwood in the 5th round, Hardy and Gettis in the 6th round) are all playing their respective positions better than any of the positions this staff has tried to find for Edwards.

It's as if the Panthers had a second round pick burning a hole in their pocket and decided to spend it on someone, now they're trying to find some use for him.

He's lousy at some things, okay at others and nothing close to second round material at any position.

A third rounder this year and a second next year guarantees his spot on the 53-man roster, simple as that.

Here's my deal, though. The three guys picked after Edwards (Norwood in the 5th round, Hardy and Gettis in the 6th round) are all playing their respective positions better than any of the positions this staff has tried to find for Edwards.

It's as if the Panthers had a second round pick burning a hole in their pocket and decided to spend it on someone, now they're trying to find some use for him.

He's lousy at some things, okay at others and nothing close to second round material at any position.

Wow, I believe you're absolutely, positively wrong on this. :ciappa:

We DID NOT give up a 3rd rounder this year and a 2nd rounder next year...simple as that.

We only gave up a 2nd rounder next year.....how is this hard to understand.

We traded next year's 2nd for this year's 3rd.

You are like the 5th person to make this ridiculous statement.

The kid is trying to learn a new postion, he is very talented and will be successful you have to give him a little time. I think the "Mountaineer package" has some things to bring to the offense and I am excited to see it run with a gameplan and with starters. As far as Gettis, returning punts is totally different from returning kickoffs so you are not comparing apples to apples. Don't get me wrong I think Gettis did a terrific job on kickoffs but it is easier to return kickoffs as opposed to punts. I just think it is a little harsh your description of Edwards because he is working his butt off and is getting better.

Wow, some postive comments towards AE. Armanti should be a great tool this year & next (so quit making shitty comments). His first pass was perfect, gained 6+ yards. I can tell he's making some improvements on KR/PR. Plus, we were running with 2nd/3rd string O-line so if we tries to run again, it'll be a lot better with Gross/Wharton/Kalil etc.

We DID NOT give up a 3rd rounder this year and a 2nd rounder next year...simple as that.

We only gave up a 2nd rounder next year.....how is this hard to understand.

We traded next year's 2nd for this year's 3rd.

You are like the 5th person to make this ridiculous statement.

I do quite understand that, I simply stated it in such a manner as to be easily misinterpreted. However, my point is not the draft # as much as it is simply stated...

* he's a 4th rounder the Panthers are now trying to justify by putting him somewhere trying to find a place for him.

* Hardy, Gettis and Norwood are later round picks who are playing their position better than Edwards has played any position, which proves the Panthers blew the pick.

I don't care if he is working his butt off because I don't watch practice everyday, I'm not in the film room so I can't make that definitive statement. The fact of the matter is he's a project and I don't see spending a high draft pick on a project.

I do quite understand that, I simply stated it in such a manner as to be easily misinterpreted. However, my point is not the draft # as much as it is simply stated...

* he's a 4th rounder the Panthers are now trying to justify by putting him somewhere trying to find a place for him.

* Hardy, Gettis and Norwood are later round picks who are playing their position better than Edwards has played any position, which proves the Panthers blew the pick.

I don't care if he is working his butt off because I don't watch practice everyday, I'm not in the film room so I can't make that definitive statement. The fact of the matter is he's a project and I don't see spending a high draft pick on a project.

I don't think they are trying to justify his draft position with this. I believe they are looking for ways to use his athletic ability in the short-term. As a WR and PR, he is going to take time.

I do believe he makes the squad because of his draft position. Based on teh production that I have seen, I think he would be in severe jeopardy of making the team if he were taken in the latter rounds. Not saying he would not make it, but he would not be a lock.

Norwood, Hardy & Gettis are currently playing the same position they played in college. AE is not. Fox/Hurney are aware of this & this is why they called him a "project" after being interviewed over the Summer & after the 1st 2 pre-season games. He had a good KR & PR last night, showed he can play the wildcat well & has made some great receptions this pre-season. Best fact is he hasn't played anything but QB in the past 4 years. I'm not b*tching about him, i'm just trying to convince you he's going to be a great tool for this year & especially next year.

Archived