• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

dragoncon HOLLA

Fiz

• 7 months later...

This is really weird because some chick asked me if i want to go and that was the first I've heard of it. She wants to dress up as zombies. She never struck me as a person who is into that stuff and I don't have a lot of nerdy vices if any. Sounds like a good time what's it like?

It's in atlanta on labor day right?

This is really weird because some chick asked me if i want to go and that was the first I've heard of it. She wants to dress up as zombies. She never struck me as a person who is into that stuff and I don't have a lot of nerdy vices if any. Sounds like a good time what's it like?

It's in atlanta on labor day right?

Labor Day weekend, yes. The only trouble is that getting a hotel room in the area right now is nearly impossible if you haven't already booked.

The thing is, even if it comes off as a purely nerdy thing, it really is just a huge party when it's all said and done. During the day, you have all the autograph signings, panels, etc. etc. At night, it's just a big drunk fest.

And the thing is, it's also more of a pop culture convention than anything. These days, there really is something going on for everyone.

The stories of wild sexual adventures are largely exaggerated, from my experience.

I've gone to Dragon*Con every year since 1996 with the exception of 2010 (due to my move overseas). I've been a moderator and speaker on a few different panels and such as well.

I'm not gonna tell you there aren't pockets of complete sexual debauchery going on. I've been to several of the private kink oriented parties and even ran a couple of adult oriented parties there myself. So it's there, just not to the extent that a lot of people try to put over.

There are tons of gorgeous women who cosplay and many of those costumes are quite revealing. But trust me guys, those women don't go to *Con to pick up random muggles and screw them silly. They can do that at home.

The largest portion of people who go to Dragon*Con (or most any other convention of the sort) with the express intention of getting laid are dudes, and most of the time they fail miserably unless they really have something going on (e.g. they are already quasi-famous in nerd/convention circles for this reason or that).

It is one hell of a party, though, and I have friends from all over the US and Europe that attend every year that I wouldn't have met any other place. Hell, there's even a couple that's together now for 3 years as a result of a party I threw.

Anyway, don't be believe the sexually oriented hype.

Archived