• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trading for a WR

Hairless Cat

Thats true, but good enough to get even a decent wr? RB's are not valued that high in this league, especially one with no real work done.

Depends on the team. We need to find one that is low on servicable running backs and has relative depth at the WR position.

That being said, I don't think that we will trade anyway. We will try to pick someone up cheap if we sign anyone new at all.

And I am still not convinced that our own crop of receivers is hopeless. Its way to early to give up. I think that one of the rookies could develope into a solid receiver.

Why dont we trade either a RB or QB for a vet proven WR? We're rich at both positions and have little else of value in excess of except draft picks. If we picked up a viable wr and got rid of a 3rd or 4th string RB and/or qb we could write our ticket to the NFC championship.

If you recall, we tried that in '06 & didn't improve at all: we picked up Keyshawn Johnson (i.e. a viable WR) from free agency after being released by the Cowboys & still ended up 8-8. Fox likes to develop WRs, not pick them up from FA.

Archived