• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

St. Louis 2-1 / Panthers 0-2

HPPantherzfan

Well I only brought up the record because numbers seems to be the only thing people here care about...All I'm trying to say is I would like to see Jimmy get a chance with the 1's just to see what he can do because, as of right now, the person that is starting can't even get us a field goal!

Even though I do believe that preseason wins builds momentum for the regular season, where it does count.

If i thought Jimmy could beat out more I would be the first to yell it. Not happening this season maybe (big maybe) next season. He needs to start using better judgement before working with the ones.

I know you didn't say this with a straight face, couldn't have! You know the times Clausen has made something out of nothing while Matt takes the sack? Clausen has looked much more comfortable in the pocket, and scrambling for that matter, than Matt has so far!

lol'd at this.

Neither one of the second team defenses were rushing like the Jets or Ravens 1st string. On top of that, our offensive line has looked less than stellar on pass blocking.

4 yards per attempt...I'll take it

4 x 3 = 12

10 yards = first down...Jimmy gets first down +2

First downs = move the chains

Move the chains = POINTS

POINTS = Moore than the "other" guy has done

lol'd at this too.

Matt has been through to second string guys going against 1st string CB's. On top of that, his pro-bowl WR is missing, and his best pass blocker is gone as well. Kind of hard to get production when the team is throwing everything but the kitchen sink at you and you don't really trust any of the wide receivers out there.

Clausen on the other hand, has been playing against mostly second team defenses who may not been as aggressive as the other defenses. And he honestly didn't look that stellar. I honestly can't say he was better or worse than more because they both played disgustingly awful.

Also your 4 x 3 = 12 made me laugh because that means HE'D NEVER MISS ANY 4 YARD PASSES EVER. AND THAT'S ALL HE'D DO. ALWAYS. WE'D NEVER NOT PASS.

Are you stupid?

Matt Moore is the starter. Matt Moore has never been the guy to show what he can do in preseason or practice. And barring serious injury or a poo season, he will remain the starter.

1278298114467.png

Actually the debate is over as far the coaches and players are concerned. It has really been you and about 5 other posters that have gone and on for weeks about Clausen. My sig tells it all and that was a quote from Fox.

Only stubborn folks like you still think there is a controversy.

And the pressure doesn't start until the games count. Moore will be fine by then.

The more you guys say there is not a debate the more it sounds like you need to defend a guy that shouldn't need defending. Fox said that line, sure, but he also said that Moore had a good training camp but it was his results on the field that would determine whether or not he is the man.

The Clausen/Cantwell debate promoted by you and about 5 other posters on this board was a much more faux debate than this one.

The more you guys say there is not a debate the more it sounds like you need to defend a guy that shouldn't need defending. Fox said that line, sure, but he also said that Moore had a good training camp but it was his results on the field that would determine whether or not he is the man.

The Clausen/Cantwell debate promoted by you and about 5 other posters on this board was a much more faux debate than this one.

Nah, not at all. The debate is over. Learn to deal with the disappointment.

As for Clausen/Cantwell- I still like Cantwell but that is why I am not a professional scout. I liked Taye Biddle, Jason Carter, Eric Moore and a bunch of guys. What can I say?????:D

Hate to sound mean, but if you're over the age of twelve and still put stock in preseason win-loss records, it's a sign that your "football kung fu" is weak.

As to the QBs, there's no debate. Moore is the starter, and I wouldn't make any bets on Clausen threatening him anytime soon.

I think you guys are confusing the debate of "who is the better quarterback" with "who is the starter today".

We all know who the starter is today. The debate is whether the better QB is currently the backup and how long he will be the backup. No one here knows the answer to that question yet, hence the debate. But feel free to act like you do :)

Nah, not at all. The debate is over. Learn to deal with the disappointment.

As for Clausen/Cantwell- I still like Cantwell but that is why I am not a professional scout. I liked Taye Biddle, Jason Carter, Eric Moore and a bunch of guys. What can I say?????:D

Unfortunately the professional scouts have abandoned skill for size. You look at the three top quarterback prospects in the 2011 draft.... Luck, Locker, and Mallet.... and the only thing they have in common is >6'4".

Clausen put on an aeriel circus versus Luck in their last college football game but it will be Luck that goes top ten in the draft next year. Mallet has been incredibly inconsistent, but is very tall so of course must be good. And then there is Locker who is the second coming depsite lots of picks and of course was also out-dueled by mid second round Clausen in OT last year.

Archived