• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

St. Louis 2-1 / Panthers 0-2

HPPantherzfan

just making the point that the charlotte observer has written that while neither has looked great, clausen has looked better. once again you don't have to agree with it but cannot ignore it.

also, moore faced #1 defenses with a #1 offense. clausen faced #2 defenses with a #2 offense. seems pretty apples to apples to me. otherwise i fully support giving clausen 3 or 4 series' with the 1's to put this debate to rest.

again it isn't apples to apples, that's all. Both have the same recieving targets but Moore has faced the legit defenses. The starting OL in addition has played poorly so it is hard to really act like that is a huge advantage for Moore.

the debate has been put to rest by what Moore/Clausen have done in camp and practice. The two most meaningless things in football are preseason games 1, 2, and 4. For example, people are acting like our D is stout........ain't much to support that. Wouldn't be surprised to see people running around panicking Sat night as a more realistic look at the D is seen.

again it isn't apples to apples, that's all. Both have the same recieving targets but Moore has faced the legit defenses. The starting OL in addition has played poorly so it is hard to really act like that is a huge advantage for Moore.

the debate has been put to rest by what Moore/Clausen have done in camp and practice. The two most meaningless things in football are preseason games 1, 2, and 4. For example, people are acting like our D is stout........ain't much to support that. Wouldn't be surprised to see people running around panicking Sat night as a more realistic look at the D is seen.

Seeing as though this has been "the" debate of 2010 on this board, I would hardly say that it has been put to rest. You may want to think that, but again the evidence is simply not there. The entire critisim of Moore before the season was that he was a game manager that was good at not losing games (i.e., not making big mistakes), but had not proven himself as a legit downfield passing threat. Through the first two games of the preseason he has done nothing to change that reputation. Clausen hasn't fared better, but Clausen's not the starter. The pressure is on Moore to make this team a winner. The debate will be over as soon as our offense starts scoring points, preseason, regular season, whenever.

Again, it's fair to have a view but don't distort the facts. The hometown newspaper has said after both games that Clausen has looked better than Moore. You obviously don't have to agree with that but facts are facts.

Who has said?? Sorenson or Fowler??? Gantt writes for the Observer and he has said it is Moore.

Newspapers are written by reporters who have biases no matter what they profess.

Right now they both have a 35 passer rating. Clausen has been sacked 4 times and Moore 3.

David Carr was mobile too and dumped the ball alot like Clausen did at the first sign of pressure. Wouldn't want him back and don't want Clausen and his 4 yards an attempt starting either.

Who has said?? Sorenson or Fowler??? Gannt writes for the Observer and he has said it is Moore.

Newspapers are written by reporters who have biases no matter what they profess.

Right now they both have a 35 passer rating. Clausen has been sacked 4 times and Moore 3.

David Carr was mobile too and dumped the ball alot like Clausen did at the first sign of pressure. Wouldn't want him back and don't want Clausen and his 4 yards an attempt starting either.

4 yards per attempt...I'll take it

4 x 3 = 12

10 yards = first down...Jimmy gets first down +2

First downs = move the chains

Move the chains = POINTS

POINTS = Moore than the "other" guy has done

Seeing as though this has been "the" debate of 2010 on this board, I would hardly say that it has been put to rest. You may want to think that, but again the evidence is simply not there. The entire critisim of Moore before the season was that he was a game manager that was good at not losing games (i.e., not making big mistakes), but had not proven himself as a legit downfield passing threat. Through the first two games of the preseason he has done nothing to change that reputation. Clausen hasn't fared better, but Clausen's not the starter. The pressure is on Moore to make this team a winner. The debate will be over as soon as our offense starts scoring points, preseason, regular season, whenever.

it may be the debate of the board, but there is no debating about who the Panthers starting QB is. There is plenty of evidence to support there is no thoughts of it being Jimmy. Moore could throw 2 picks and Clausen two TDs Saturday and it ain't gonna change anything about what is going to occuer week 1.

Your right Moore is a proven NFL game manager and one that can win in Carolina. How has he not proven himself as a downfield passing threat? Moore does 3 things well...hand it off, not turn it over, and sling it downfield. It is the short to medium throws he needs work on. The playaction to Smitty downfield he has proven he can connect on. Again, the past 2 preseason games don't mean squat in terms of evaluating Moore. No time and no WRs.

The pressure is not on Moore to make this team a winner. Moore knows he doesn't have to be Aaron Rodgers. The pressure is on for him to not lose games. Double Trouble and Smitty will win games.

4 x 3 = 12

Move the chains = POINTS

Moore will sit in the pocket.....take the hit if he has to while trying to make the throw. Clausen is a rookie. Put a rookie out there when the season starts and Jimmy is going to scramble.....that doesn't work out so well when you rely on the playaction attack downfield.

Actually the debate is over as far the coaches and players are concerned. It has really been you and about 5 other posters that have gone and on for weeks about Clausen. My sig tells it all and that was a quote from Fox.

Only stubborn folks like you still think there is a controversy.

And the pressure doesn't start until the games count. Moore will be fine by then.

4 x 3 = 12

Move the chains = POINTS

our run game averages 5, so why even pass?

has our message board sucked this bad for a while now or are the idiots just getting louder

your logic is terrible. 4 yards an attempt is just as terrible.

Do you really not get what this whole tread is about? I take it most don't WHOOSH!

4 yards is absolutely TERRIBAD! Everyone agrees with that! The problem is that 4 yards is doing more than anything else in our offense! The point of this thread this entire time has been...look everyone a rookie with the worst team in the league did pretty well when given the chance, why don't we give our rookie a chance and see what we have because what we have been doing iIS NOT WORKING!

As for why even pass it, i don't know ask everyone else that believes this post is stupid, they are the ones that keep saying wait till Smitty is back

Archived